Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 01:17 PM

Default Recent Amarillo Slim news?

From Bodog's capsule on the upcoming movie on Slim;

[ QUOTE ]
More recently, Slim has made his way back into the news when he was cut off by a passing car last Wednesday. A passenger of the other car then got out, approached Slim, pulled a gun and demanded money. Slim, always the gambling man, threw it into reverse and took off as the gunman fired three shots into Slim’s car. The robber got back into his car and tried to chase Slim but of course, the action hero, Amarillo Slim, lost him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard nothing about this, and frankly, unless there are eyewitnesses, I call BS. He may be a child molester, but he's not stupid. Numerous times in his poker career he's been held up and just given up the money, course back then he knew he had bad people that would find it for him. I think it's just a pathectic old man looking for good publicity since he f'd himself in the poker boom, and he coulda been the biggest star out there.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Recent Amarillo Slim news?

Slim, always the gambling man, threw it into reverse and took off as the gunman fired three shots into Slim’s car.

pretty hard to lie to the cops about having fake bullet holes in your car.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:24 PM

Plus the whole DNA thing probably ties him in something fierce, oh sorry, diff story.. continue.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Slim, always the gambling man, threw it into reverse and took off as the gunman fired three shots into Slim’s car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim's lied about bigger things, and I'm pretty sure he has access to ways to make the holes not fake.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim's lied about bigger things, and I'm pretty sure he has access to ways to make the holes not fake.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's your vendetta w/ slim?

i've met slim and played w/ him before, and he's a very nice guy. very amiable. i dont know one way or the other what happened w/ him and his grandkids, but i will say that money is the ultimate motivation to do things like that. who knows if its true or not? i dont think we can make that assumption, and I know people have made mistakes before.

Slim could probably not care less about missing out on the poker boom, kid. He's well off- substanitally so. He doesn't need the lime light anymore, and he doesn't pull a stunt like this, either.

I think the reason he didnt give it up, is because he's not afraid of dying. If that's how the Lord wanted him to go, well, then so be it.

Honestly, I think you dont have much character.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:12 PM

He's a child molester?
Old 11-08-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know one way or the other what happened w/ him and his grandkids, but i will say that money is the ultimate motivation to do things like that. who knows if its true or not?

Slim could probably not care less about missing out on the poker boom, kid. He's well off- substanitally so. He doesn't need the lime light anymore, and he doesn't pull a stunt like this, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

In August 2003 Preston was indicted on three charges of indecency with a 12-year-old child (his granddaughter). The charges were reduced to misdemeanor assault in a plea bargain and on February 10, 2004 he pled guilty to the reduced charges, receiving a $4,000 fine and two years deferred adjudication.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont know one way or the other what happened w/ him and his grandkids, but i will say that money is the ultimate motivation to do things like that. who knows if its true or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

In August 2003 Preston was indicted on three charges of indecency with a 12-year-old child (his granddaughter). The charges were reduced to misdemeanor assault in a plea bargain and on February 10, 2004 he pled guilty to the reduced charges, receiving a $4,000 fine and two years deferred adjudication.

[/ QUOTE ]

pwnd
Old 11-08-2006, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've met slim and played w/ him before, and he's a very nice guy. very amiable. i dont know one way or the other what happened w/ him and his grandkids, but i will say that money is the ultimate motivation to do things like that. who knows if its true or not? i dont think we can make that assumption, and I know people have made mistakes before.

I think the reason he didnt give it up, is because he's not afraid of dying. If that's how the Lord wanted him to go, well, then so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oblivious much?

#1 I'm likely older than you, so call others "kid".
#2 So, exactly what $$$ was the ultimate motivation? The dollar in the 12 years old's pants he was reaching for?
#3 Slim absolutely, 100% cares about missing out on the poker boom. How on earth can you be so stupid as to think one of the world's best self-promoters doesn't care about the limelight?
#4 I have a long-standing vendetta against anyone who molests children; it's a flaw I have.
#5 Calling molesting a child a "mistake" is right up there with , "I plead guilty because I didn't want to deal with all the crap",( Essentially what he said as to why he plead guilty)
#6 Your a moran. Seriously, you may be retarded, or find Slim attractive, because he is a repugnant human being. Exceptionally interesting, yes, but a real life piece of [censored].
Old 11-08-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he molests children would be my first guess.