Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-30-2007, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

[ QUOTE ]
He should've auctioned off his idols to the other players, like say if they go on to win, they give him 10k.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not allowed to negotiate prize money, it's one of the rules of survivor.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are forgetting how much James absolutely hates PG. There's no doubt in my mind he would've went to Todd and Amanda and PG would've been gone. JRB tried the same thing with James and he was moved way up on the chopping block.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absoultely spot on. If PG tells James, he thinks she is just trying to play him. He would tell his alliance and they would call off the plan and dump PG.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:29 PM

Yeah PG is short stacked. She's just trying to make it from week to weak. She can't afford to shove it all in with like KJ offsuit like a newb. She put all her money in with kj is that how she plays?

The game is different without James, that puts her on an equal playing field with everyone else since they'll be on edge.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah PG is short stacked. She's just trying to make it from week to weak. She can't afford to shove it all in with like KJ offsuit like a newb. She put all her money in with kj is that how she plays?

The game is different without James, that puts her on an equal playing field with everyone else since they'll be on edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

The world would be a better place if nobody ever used a poker analogy again.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:13 AM

Damn. To KKF and everybody who thinks James wouldn't have been able to win at the end, I think he had a great chance of winning if he made it to jury vote. Amanda said as much, she said something like "everyone knows he would deserve the million, he works hardest, is crazy at challenges, has both immunity idols, etc..." Sure, I know in a survivor jury vote that "Deserve's got nothin to do with it," but I do think that he had a bunch of people in his corner.

James blew it, and he summed it up in his sayonara speech: "I just tried to roll the dice too many times." He got greedy. Yeah, maybe PG should have tried to triple cross them and tell James about the blindside, but bottom line I think she hates James and was psyched to beat him.

I'm surprised, but when they show Courtney from the neck up I think she's pretty.

Also James had an incredibly girly first throw. Sigh, where was Green Mile James that zinged his slinghot at the speed of sound? Pfft.

that was definitely Amanda's best episode of the season. I don't really like her but I can't figure why I don't; she is definitely playing a better game lately than I gave her credit for. Oh well, at least season four of the Wire gets put out on Netflix in a few days.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Boo to the producers for not having at least one pure strength challenge or one where you at least have to run a little bit. They knew James would win it and thus produce less drama. I guarantee you next week they'll be some type of obstacle course.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I admit I thought that too. But I read a few seasons ago when some producer said they have everything determined before the season starts and can't manipulate it. Actually I think they're still overreacting to when Ozzy was such a challenge monster. Also, all the knucklehead strategy this season has just made me miss Yau-Man...I still think Dreamz screwing over Yau was the most riveting thing to ever happen on this show (and haha I'm still pretty indignant about it too).
Old 12-01-2007, 02:53 AM

I'm late to the party so not much to add except that throughout the thread I've agreed with wisehand's thoughts, and I like keepitreal's passion.

James reminds me of an episode I saw of Survivorman, when Les said if you're stranded in a the desert, drink your damn water! They regularly find people who die from exposure and dehydration with half-filled canteens lying next to them because they were hoarding it.

Of course, had he been following my advice he would have used them already, but better to waste it to ensure you stay in the game than waste it and gain nothing. Besides, who woulda thunk he'd go 0-fer?

I think James had an excellent chance to win if he made it to the top two or three. A few might have resented his early domination, but I think most would applaud it--especially since he was also the hardest worker around camp.

And anybody using poker analogies should get a tempban.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:14 PM

James' slowplay allowed his opponents to hit their draws... terrible move.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:30 PM

It's very easy now after watching the show to blame James but in all honesty even a blind bat would've known to use the idol tonight. Like seriously, James was such a terrible player strategy wise. There were only 7 players left and since he couldn't use the idol when it's final 4 means he only had to win 1 more immunity challenge out of 3. He had two idols ffs.

James sealed his own grave when he decided to keep both idols very early in the game. He should've gave at least one to Todd. Why he didn't do this is beyond me. It could've cemented his alliance with Todd instead it left Todd with ill feelings towards him. IMO James played the game by himself even turning on his closest alliance JRB and Denise by not allowing them in the loop.

James got what he deserved, I thought he played terribly. How he expected to hold 2 immunity idols and still fly under the radar is beyond me.