Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: If you are feeling bad about yourself, read this

Imagine the millions of people in the world who would and do risk their lives just to get into the position you are now in. It's really not that bad. Imagine you and your family lived in 10x worse the conditions you now do and you just washed up on shore after spending weeks on a raft, and now all thats in the way is this one statistics class. Are you really gonna let this one class defeat you? Beg the prof to let you make up the test and study, you said you could in the past, the only way your work is gonna get done is if you go do it, just go do it RIGHT NOW and get it [censored] done. Look at me procrastinating right now and for the last several hours, now I have to do work so after I finish this sentence I'm going to GO DO IT, now you do the same thing
Old 11-29-2007, 01:45 AM

If your income is as low as you say apply for Federal Grants and Loans when accepted into an out of state school. Also, taking out loans for college isn't the end of the world.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's really not that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. OP, you really need to just stop with this emotional woe-is-me attitude and just go out there and grind.

Take all the stuff in your life that wastes time, and cut it out. Completely. Maybe you're depressed, maybe not, blah blah blah, at the end of the day, it's your choice, you're not just some helpless weakling incapable of doing anything.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:57 AM

Look at how many times you've replied to this post.. if you used that time to write papers, they'd be done.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at how many times you've replied to this post.. if you used that time to write papers, they'd be done.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Seriously, even if you end up flunking out and have to flip burgers for the rest of your life, you'll still be better off than people starving to death somewhere in a 3rd world country. You're wasting your time on here obv imo. Sign off and get to work.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Seriously, even if you end up flunking out and have to flip burgers for the rest of your life, you'll still be better off than people starving to death somewhere in a 3rd world country. You're wasting your time on here obv imo. Sign off and get to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, he just has to find some starving kid's forum posts so he will stop feeling bad about himself. Then that kid just has to find some posts made by a chicken at the KFC plant, and so on. Then nobody will feel bad.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:32 PM

No, the point is that his life isn't that bad of a deal. When the title of the thread basically implores people to pity him, it makes the point a necessary one. If you feel that the post you quoted was wrong, I'd be very interested in hearing your logic in determining so.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:09 PM

I was making fun of the fact that OP and some of the responses seem to think the fact that somebody is worse off than you is somehow relevant to how good your life is. That is that you shouldn't feel bad if you think about the fact that others have it worse off. Worry about improving your own life. If you are irrational enough that somehow people you have never met suffering across the world can motivate you to improve your own life, then by all means use whatever motivating tools you can find.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:37 PM

That is a thought process I had many times when I was a kid and now that I'm older I've found it to be a stark denial of proper perspective in regards to fixing our own problems. Sometimes we get all to caught in our own predicaments that it takes a moment to really take a step back and look at just how bad our problems really might be. Suddenly it becomes whole lot easier to improve our own lives when we see that the means needed to improve them are almost entirely in our grasp.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, he just has to find some starving kid's forum posts so he will stop feeling bad about himself. Then that kid just has to find some posts made by a chicken at the KFC plant, and so on. Then nobody will feel bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the point I'm trying to make. A starving kid in a 3rd world country doesn't even have internet access, ldo. And chickens can't post.

All I'm saying is he actually has the ability to do something about his situation, the starving kid doesn't. Be a man and sign off and get to work. If he can't do it on his own, call up a therapist or doctor and get some meds so he can function.