Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: pretty gross AA decision vs tough lag

[ QUOTE ]
just because you dont get it in vs dominated pairs doesnt mean its bad...

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends, it's also not a given whatsoever that villain is going to stack off this deep with just a flush draw. So if we're getting it in on the flop against pretty much only combo draws and hands that beat us I'd say 3betting is definitely far from optimal.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just because you dont get it in vs dominated pairs doesnt mean its bad...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you acknowledge that you're rarely ever getting it in vs a dominated pair here then WTF can be the justification behind 3-betting the flop? If villain is never continuing with a smaller pair, then all 3-betting achieves is to fold out all worse hands and weak draws, prevent him from ever bluffing any further or face having to a call a 200bb push in pretty bad shape vs almost everything he's likely to have given we hold the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

And TWP, I wouldn't say I was "offended" by you calling my opinion retarded, it's just that when you are CONSTANTLY so far off base with your strategy posts, CONSTANTLY show a really weak understanding of the game and yet STILL use that annoying, condescending tone it's understandable that people are going to find it rather tilting. I'm aware that you might just be levelling a lot of the time, but honestly, I think a lot of people who read this forum regularly just ignore most of your posts by now because it's like arguing with a brick wall.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:24 PM

I agree with duck on this 100%. I don't think calling the flop and playing poker on the turn is bad, but given the description of villain, and more importantly, the history between the two of you, this the perfect spot to 3 bet/call the flop IMO. I also don't think it matters much if he's 2p2 or not, since 2p2ers are probably even more likely to think a flop 3 bet on that particular board is FOS.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:49 PM

uh you have significant equity vs lots of draws that i dont expect him to fold on the flop. i can fully see him shoving gutters/oesds/overs etc etc.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:49 PM

this argument is pretty boring though.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you think of this theory i have that people who have played a lot of hands on UB are far better poker players than people who haven't

[/ QUOTE ]

this is def true but not just ub, for all sites. ppl who only play a certain site are significantly worse in my experience because they haven't learned how to beat a whole bunch of different types of players, and that learning experience is key to getting really good at poker. the opposition at ub for example is just completely different from stars. even ftp is pretty different from stars. when the stars guys come to ftp or the ftp guys go to stars they usually get brutalized for a bit before they adjust.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:53 PM

the pot button is the root of all evil. that is all.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:14 AM

I don't think I'd fold. I would call here with intention of calling lots of rivers, though I'd probably end up shoving because of two flush draws and board, and he could have something like 56cc, and the 8 coulda given him more outs w/ a straight draw as well.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:21 AM

I just cant get over the fact that we aren t able to pick the right move here.

scenario1 - you 3 bet and are pot committet - he knows that you are committet and cant push the draws (200$ in the pot and you are both 900$ deep)-

1) so he folds his draws - you win 200$
(by the way I cant see him staking off his money with 44,66,77 - probably 88 or 99 - 1010 plus are definatelly not in his range couse he just flat called from the BB)

-) In my opinion this play has not much EV couse villain got a discount from the BB and is very likely to have anything, also a 5 and he has to raise it in that spot becouse of the draws so we can give him credit. A pocket pair would actually be a perfect spot for him to sqeeze PF since you made a button raise, so I dont think thats in his range very often.

So in this scenario you will eather get staked by a 5 or a full or you win a pot of 200$

scenario2 - you just call.
1) you induce a bluff all the way which is good EV
2) when the 8 hits he might as well check his draws becouse you showed strength all the way.
3) he might also check those pairs to you
4) I dont see him leading out pot size! on the turn with anything but a 5, a full or a straight here so we eather have the chance to lay our AA down couse we really only beat a bluff or we call him down hoping he is on a bluff

-) So the best option is to flat call his reraise on the flop, although this leaves us with a taff decision on the turn.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pretty gross? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

These sort of retarded one-liners are really bringing MSNL down.

[/ QUOTE ]

this need more love.