Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Stopping a BJ table after dealer fails to give option...

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, its a B+M question but just something i witnessed at a Blackjack table last night.

Me and a few of my poker mates went out drinking. We are all gamblers to some length, some more than others. One does not play many table games in the 'sinos, but tonight we decided to play some BJ.

Anyway, my mate gets dealt 17 and the dealer shows a 6. The dealer goes from player to player giving them there option but as most dealers do in the uk (dont know how it is in US) skips the players who have no brainers. He skips my mate but he looks stunned, and when the dealer pulls and 8 then 7 he starts to hassle the dealer that he was not given an option, calls the floor who does not say much and then a manager is bought out. The game is stopped so the cameras can be checked. This takes about 15 mins and finally the manager comes back, re constructs the hand (he did well, this looked v tricky!) and gave my mate his option again. After all this my mate took a card, bust, and the rest of the table ended up going the same way.

Now, while i agree on the principle of the matter (which is why he made an issue) i feel it was quite petty to have the whole game stopped.

What does everyone else think? Should every dealer give everyone an option, even if its a complete no brainer? (i have noticed some dealers to give the options sometimes, but most/more experienced skip the no brainers to get the game moving which is fine by most ppl)

Again sorry this is not poker related but just wanted the view of the b+m crew.