bet more on the flop and this becomes easier
Old 11-21-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Party Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold\'em Cash Game, 6 Players

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shoves

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? What does he call the flop with that we're still ahead of that calls the turn?

If we're going to get it in, we might as well check and get it in on the river right?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's he shoving that we beat if we check? So you're c/f turn and betting river if checked to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the spot is tough. My point is this though, if you want to get it all in the middle and we're behind, then it doesn't matter if we push on the turn or river. However, if we're ahead on the Turn... what hands does the Villain likely have? AQ, JJ, TT... All of these hands have to be scared of the King on the turn. So why should be bet it, if we're somewhat more likely to get another bet out of the Villain if we check behing on the turn?

As for what to do on the turn if we bet, we obviously have to call. What to do if we check behind on the turn and Villain pushes??? I'm not sure. Do you think Villain would ever turn a hand like TT into a bluff here? Does he ever push-value bet AQ? But to be honest, I think we could fold against a straight foward player.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet more on the flop and this becomes easier

[/ QUOTE ]

But more expensive when you have AJ and not AA. I don't think betting much more is good long term in re-raised pots, but maybe people disagree?
Old 11-21-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shoves

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? What does he call the flop with that we're still ahead of that calls the turn?

If we're going to get it in, we might as well check and get it in on the river right?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's he shoving that we beat if we check? So you're c/f turn and betting river if checked to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the spot is tough. My point is this though, if you want to get it all in the middle and we're behind, then it doesn't matter if we push on the turn or river. However, if we're ahead on the Turn... what hands does the Villain likely have? AQ, JJ, TT... All of these hands have to be scared of the King on the turn. So why should be bet it, if we're somewhat more likely to get another bet out of the Villain if we check behing on the turn?

As for what to do on the turn if we bet, we obviously have to call. What to do if we check behind on the turn and Villain pushes??? I'm not sure. Do you think Villain would ever turn a hand like TT into a bluff here? Does he ever push-value bet AQ? But to be honest, I think we could fold against a straight foward player.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't read good. i thought we were in position and heads-up on the flop. not sure what i was thinking. i'll reread and repost.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shoves

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the spot is really that tough. The K is a good double barrel card, villain is a nit and knows this, so if we are gonna double barrel when it hits and we don't have it, we need to double barrel when we have it.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't read good. i thought we were in position and heads-up on the flop. not sure what i was thinking. i'll reread and repost.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was confused when replying to your last post, apparently this is why. Anticipating your re-post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We're oop, so no checking behind here. If we check the turn, we might face two bets before showdown. I think before making any decision here, it's one of those spots where you have to decide whether against that opponent, you want to get it in or not. Then you pick your line.

If villain is an habitual floater, I will want to get my money in and might check/call both turn and river or even ch/raise ai turn. If he's very ABC and nitty, I might even just check fold here. He will check behind all hands we beat and bet with his sets/2p etc...
Old 11-21-2007, 03:46 PM

after rereading the OP Hand. I think leading the turn is also good, since we'd use that card as a bluffing card quite a bit. But I don't hate checking and betting the river, although I think that our hand is pretty transparent as AK or better.

I guess it still depends on what we think Villain will do with QA and TT-JJ if we lead the turn vs leading the river if it gets checked behind.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:14 PM

This is a bit of the suk. He doesn't have AK here which is what we need him to have to make shoving fine.

Shoving folds out worse hands imo. I would check and let some worse hands hang themselves.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:56 PM

anyone dig a check raise on this flop?