Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: 10,000th Post

sup zurvan, man-hug
Old 11-16-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am probably alone in this, but the original days in POG are over-romanticized. I constantly people saying things like, "this is why I don't play games anymore". People don't play games anymore because they get annoyed or burnt out. The people are as good as ever.

If people are turned off by bickering and arguing they would have run screaming from Kyro in his acerbic heyday. We don't have a Karpinski and AlphaWice to deal with, and most everyone who signs up plays to the end. So times are good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well said.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:57 PM

Apparently, nobody understood what I said. I miss many of the original people that were here then. I miss the way the games were played then. I don't miss the angleshooting and night posting & alphawice and people dropping out of games. POG is still awesome. POG was, IMO, awesomer then, because I got along better with more of the people.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still get the warm fuzzies thinking about the LOTR game were you were lynched day 1 as a villager. You then return as a substitute and your first night back, you get lynched again as a villager.

Congratulations on the 10,000 and thank you for making POG a special place. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I felt bad and good at the same time for doing this :P
10k posts...that's like a lot. I guess congratulations is the right word.
Especially on beating a certain other pogger to the 10k :P
Old 11-16-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still get the warm fuzzies thinking about the LOTR game were you were lynched day 1 as a villager. You then return as a substitute and your first night back, you get lynched again as a villager.

Congratulations on the 10,000 and thank you for making POG a special place. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I felt bad and good at the same time for doing this :P
10k posts...that's like a lot. I guess congratulations is the right word.
Especially on beating a certain other pogger to the 10k :P

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't believe that happened.

Could. Not. Believe it.

Still don't, actually. I don't get lynched often as a villager, and before that game had NEVER been lynched d1 as a villager.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently, nobody understood what I said. I miss many of the original people that were here then. I miss the way the games were played then. I don't miss the angleshooting and night posting & alphawice and people dropping out of games. POG is still awesome. POG was, IMO, awesomer then, because I got along better with more of the people.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe you'd get along better with the newer people if you weren't such a dick [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe you'd get along better with the newer people if you weren't such a dick [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'd get along with the newer people better if I liked them better. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh crap. It was wasn't it. I don't remember games at all once I have played them. Unless the name of the game is Pirates of Pogglesworth.

Ok Zurv, sorry to turn you into Stephen, my memory obviously sucks. I would love to replay that game with Durron or Luckay in Xorbie's stead to see if we could have pulled it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

If luckay or durron was xorbie's role, then village listens to me when I nailed you to the wall with your "possess me and we'll pwn" post and you would have been lynched that night instead of being interrogated by xorbie. But xorbie wanted to use his cool power rather than just winning.

That game was fun, but I got upset at a lot of points (argument with scottHoward was my worst one in my WW history).
Demons pretty much didn't stand a chance the way the roles shook out.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:41 PM

I gotta be honest, zurvan getting lynched twice in the same game, both times as a villager, is one of my top 10 memories in POG. LOLOLOLOL!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I gotta be honest, zurvan getting lynched twice in the same game, both times as a villager, is one of my top 10 memories in POG. LOLOLOLOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea how fun that was as the evil guy who couldn't be lynched.