Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 10-19-2007, 07:10 AM

Default Re: Caesar\'s LV Poker Room Review

"and probably something else I'm forgetting."

BBQ. FWIW, I like this food court a lot too!

Best Wishes

Howard
Old 10-19-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe the turkey dinner (lots of turkey) with two big sides is now $10. The rotisserie chicken might be $12 (also with two big sides). Those are reasonable prices by Strip standards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Had an entertaining exchange with a guy at Caesars at a poker table once. He returned from a break claiming he'd had a fine dinner. He'd visited the wrap place in the food court. I said yeah, the mediterranean wrap is pretty tasty but seemed a bit pricey for $8ish (not to mention the beverages are ruinously 'spensive). Guy says "I got the Mexican wrap--seemed like a fair price to me." "You just paid $8 for a fast food burrito and you think it's a fair price because they called it a 'wrap'?" "damn"

The CP food court is NO bargain. But it's got nice variety and isn't Bellagio/Wynn priced. Wish it were open 24 hours.

As for CP's rake, I haven't been there since the rumor started on 2+2 that they'd fallen in line and raised their rake. But someone at a table the other day claimed CP had gone to $5 on the limit tables but were still taking $4 at NL. Plus the $1 jackpot drop, of course. Anybody know fersure?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:02 AM

"Anybody know fersure?"

According to the person I just talked to in the poker room 30 seconds ago...

It's $4max (plus jackpot drop) on limit & no-limit.

I liked my BBQ sandwich but at around $9 or so (I think it's around $16 with drink and tax), NOT cheap (compared to other BBQ joints around town). Still I feel a complete sense of happiness whenever I am in the Caesars food court. YMMV.

Best Wishes

Howard
Old 10-19-2007, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"and probably something else I'm forgetting."

BBQ. FWIW, I like this food court a lot too!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the rotisserie chicken place I mentioned.

It's not a bargain. But, it's good food slightly less priced than you'd get at a restaurant with the same quality food.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I believe the turkey dinner (lots of turkey) with two big sides is now $10. The rotisserie chicken might be $12 (also with two big sides). Those are reasonable prices by Strip standards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Had an entertaining exchange with a guy at Caesars at a poker table once. He returned from a break claiming he'd had a fine dinner. He'd visited the wrap place in the food court. I said yeah, the mediterranean wrap is pretty tasty but seemed a bit pricey for $8ish (not to mention the beverages are ruinously 'spensive). Guy says "I got the Mexican wrap--seemed like a fair price to me." "You just paid $8 for a fast food burrito and you think it's a fair price because they called it a 'wrap'?" "damn"

[/ QUOTE ]

Mexican wrap had me rofling all over my keyboard.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was in Vegas for business and I usually go to LV 5 to 6 times per year. On Friday I played 2/5 at the Belagio. I experienced the usual arroagance of the floor staff and witnessed whining dealers. Chip runners took forever as new players and bustouts just bought chips from the big stacks to keep the game going.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not the first time I've heard this, but it's interesting because I've never noticed it. I'm a low roller (relatively speaking, in the Bellagio - $15/30 is the highest I've played.)

When I played in Caesar's, it was almost empty. Just didn't have that card room feel. The tournaments are pretty good though.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mexican wrap had me rofling all over my keyboard.

[/ QUOTE ]
At least you weren't rolfing all over your keyboard.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Anybody know fersure?"

According to the person I just talked to in the poker room 30 seconds ago...

It's $4max (plus jackpot drop) on limit & no-limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

The amazing thing is you got someone in the poker room to answer the phone. They must have been really bored.

When I was at Bally's a month ago and asked the dealer about the rake, he told me all of Harrah's Vegas hotels had raised their rake. Maybe Caesar's was an exception, or they've revoked it in the past month.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:16 AM

Caesars is great for their cheap, decent NL tourneys and NL cash games. If you want limit any higher than 3/6 you will probably need to go elsewhere.

Since they have been having the big Caesars Classic Tourneys going on have they got any bigger limit games going?
Old 10-19-2007, 11:39 AM

OP makes good observations...Caesar's don't get nuf Luv...