Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Re: i am an embarrassment

I'm not playing enough hours either. Fortunately I'm retired so I don't have to make my nut, but I feel I should play more. Maybe I should get TiVo, so I don't have an excuse not to play just because MMA or whatever is on TV.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But if you've ever had as many real jobs as I've had

[/ QUOTE ]

A real job is one which you can earn a living wage off of that can sustain a family. Not that job working in the bakery at Panera or stocking groceries or delivering pizzas or working at the theatre or whatever other of these "real jobs" you talk about that can get you by week to week. Thats not a "real job" thats called a grind.

If you actually mean "real jobs" like an ASP developer or draft engineer or something that can actually turn into a real career, then well, I apologize. But don't try to make it sound like you can't get anywhere with just a "crappy associates". I make 50+ a year with "just a crappy associates" - and I'm underpaid for what I do.

/rant
Old 10-01-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A real job is one which you can earn a living wage off of that can sustain a family. Not that job working in the bakery at Panera or stocking groceries or delivering pizzas or working at the theatre or whatever other of these "real jobs" you talk about that can get you by week to week. Thats not a "real job" thats called a grind.

If you actually mean "real jobs" like an ASP developer or draft engineer or something that can actually turn into a real career, then well, I apologize. But don't try to make it sound like you can't get anywhere with just a "crappy associates". I make 50+ a year with "just a crappy associates" - and I'm underpaid for what I do.

/rant

[/ QUOTE ]

lol families.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:36 AM

youre gonna be at 1-2 full ring for the next 50 years nation
Old 10-01-2007, 09:38 AM

gl with this nation...the rate u want to go at it is sustainable, especially since u don't work
Old 10-01-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/rant

[/ QUOTE ]

you know i have a "real job" working 40 hours a week and i basically do jack [censored] all day. i wear torn jeans to work, get to keep my piercings in, i sit at a desk posting on 2p2 and get a 500$ paycheck a week.

then i play 50nl for a few hours and take 1k profit a month (easily done) and stash it into my ING mutual fund account.

i figure in 10 years or so i can probably move down to a part time job, then in another 10 years retire.

by not having an interest bearing account (i dunno if u do or not, but i have 3) in a few years time ur going to be kicking yourself when u realize how much $ you've lost out on in compounding interest. it's pretty phenominal stuff.

edit: just wanted to make a point that in the morning if ur not playing you can still sit around and STILL get paid for it.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:44 AM

Hi nation, Im pretty sure Im moving into the same condo complex as you, that is all.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:45 AM

nation i always thought you were older, why do you want to make some this kind of committment to anything at 23, just enjoy your time at the moment and get by.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:50 AM

I doubt nation can beat 1/2.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:52 AM

LOL @ being too lazy to play online poker. WOW.

You're too lazy to walk to your computer chair and click a mouse?? NL200 is too mentally exhausting?

I mean it's one thing to say you don't like online poker as justification for not playing, but laziness makes no sense to me as a reason.