Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Comparing Florida Poker Rooms

Coconut Creek for me too, since it's basically a couple blocks away from my house. But I haven't gone in about a month - been focusing more on online play as that doesn't require me to get dressed and look presentable.

[ QUOTE ]
I normally play at Coconut Creek...they are normally spreading like 4-5 1/2 NL tables, a $2 straight table, 1 table of limit O8 (I think it is 2/4 but it could be straight 2 not positive) and a table of 2/5 NL also. The rake I believe is 10% up to $5 and then the $1 for the jackpot...tournaments are completely gone as there hasn't been enough interest since they started having NL cash.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-29-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FLORIDA tourneys are all crapshoots and most have ridiculous rates.........a novice player will have ALMOST the same chance of winning as Phil Hellmuth or Phil Ivey in these events.

Fun for some...........yes. Highly profitable longterm, in my opinion no. Profitable to a very, very small extent. The above average 1-2 NO LIMIT CASH GAME player in the state will fare well better off longterm than playing tourneys.

-FH-

[/ QUOTE ]

Since my hope is to get some kind of database of the various Florida card rooms and the games and tournaments they offer, would you be able to post the types of cash games offered and the buyins + entry fees of the tournaments offered at the card rooms you frequent?

Rakes/time charges taken in cash games would also be nice, as would the blind levels in the tournaments.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:02 PM

Was at Coconut Creek yesterday and they actually had a 5/10 nl game going, not sure how often that happens, or if it is even worth playing since it's $100 max lol..but just to let everyone know.