Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 12:35 PM

Default 2007 tour de france

does anyone know where to watch this live? preferably on the net.

btw looks like today will be a good finish.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: 2007 tour de france

Boy it seems no one cares about the tour anymore. Any big names left or have they all been caught chaeting
Old 07-10-2007, 04:05 PM

ya i really dont know who the favorites are. kloden and sastre are riding i think. espn doesnt even have link on their main page.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:13 PM

It's on VS. I've watched every stage so far. Today was the best. Cancellara was an absolute beast. I haven't seen a flat stage finish that exciting in a while.

Vinokourov, Sastre, Kloden and Valverde are the main threats I think. Michael Rogers could be a threat as well.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ya i really dont know who the favorites are. kloden and sastre are riding i think. espn doesnt even have link on their main page.

[/ QUOTE ]

Velonews.com is a great site for info. Their daily writeups are great to read even if you've watched the stage coverage. Also, vs.com has daily entries from Liggett and Sherwin.

On that note, Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin are in my opinion the best sports commentators in any sport. They are fantastic in a sport which, like baseball, has a fair amount of down time where nothing major is going on.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:26 PM

I follow religiously as always obviously, glued to the screen everyday. I just thought maybe the interest here would not been so high as there aren't that many Americans anymore. However the Tour is just as fascinating, even more, without the big profiles. Look at now i.e., you have a team that really intend to do everything to keep the yellow yersey, they have 2 riders that try to reach agreements with the sprinter teams.

Today they almost messed it up, creating a fascinating sprint as the sprinter teams were completely exhausted at the point where they actually should start working. Brilliant move from Cancellara today, excellent. Reading the situation better than anyone. Tomorrow they are back at it, Hushovd talking to Ewen, Ewen asking Boonen if he can speak to Zabel etc.. No team really in charge of anything, nobody strong enough to dominate anything, a fascinating chaos with almost 200 riders.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:40 PM

dunno what vs is.

and ya i obv use velonews for my coverage. today i had the live updates goin on velonews, espn and yahoo. sounded like a spectacular finish wish i coulda seen it.

still motivated me to hop on the ole fuji and crank out 35m in 92f heat.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:55 PM

I used to watch every morning on OLN. Get up, watch lance, go back to sleep.

I couldn't care less now. It died a quick death in the USA without lance and with all the doping.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:03 AM

rasmussen for the kotm, mcewen for green

who's gonna be yellow? vino, kloden, ???
Old 07-11-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dunno what vs is.

and ya i obv use velonews for my coverage. today i had the live updates goin on velonews, espn and yahoo. sounded like a spectacular finish wish i coulda seen it.

still motivated me to hop on the ole fuji and crank out 35m in 92f heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe VS. is the outdoor network, with a new name. You should also check out cyclingnews.com for updates, I think they have a little more than velonews; rider reactions and such.

Levi should be considered a minor favorite as well. Except for the bad time trail to open last year, he was usually up close to front in the mountains. I think Kloden is the strongest though. He should have won last year, if the team had any sense. Of course, who knows what will happen with that team. With vino and him both....they never seemed to work to well together at t-mobile.