Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 07-07-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: To the Multi-Accounters : some thoughts before this upcoming Sunda

Old 07-07-2007, 07:28 PM

Good post Jeff.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think one's opinion on multi-accounting should change so much just because the rules were changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

My opinion hasn't changed. My willingness to consider excuses and even engage in the debate though have become a lot shorter.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not reporting anyone. But that doesn't mean news about who is doing what doesn't spread, and that doesn't mean that people won't take a stand and put an end to this practice.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you taken a stand? Doesn't taking a stand involve combating it, especially when it doesn't take a lot of effort?

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of the people doing this are just young guys looking for money and the glory of a win. If everyone agrees that this practice is unethical and not be allowed, and no one feels safe telling anyone about their multi-accounting conquests, a lot of the glamour of it is gone and maybe people don't want to take the risk anymore. Who wants to risk having ZeeJustin's reputation from online?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why go this long chicken route? Why not attack the problem directly, speak directly face to face to them, say that you won't accept it anymore?

Hint: If everyone speaks about "bla bla bla, it should stop", "bla bla bla, somebody should do something" it will never stop. These guys already know that i.e. you don't accept it, it won't help to point that out 1,000 times, the only thing that helps is an ultimatum.

If you have met them in Vegas and did not use the opportunity to stop it, you have almost lost the right to complain about it anymore.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:36 PM

Or you can send me information about the worst ones, their accounts, proof, contact info etc. and I will contact them and end it, that's also an option.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:37 PM

If you know people who are cheating and you do nothing to stop them then you are just as guilty as them... I bet if they were stealing from your mother you would be the first to out them... They are just steal from us fish, therefore you choose to take a half way moral stance... Why don't you post your mom's address? I think she "owes" us fish some hubcaps at the very least... I have no respect for you whats so ever and hope you sleep real well being a moral-less piece of [censored]....
Old 07-07-2007, 07:43 PM

I started this thread to make people aware of the situation. Not to destroy the reputations of people I like. If others want to do that, that is their decision, as not doing so is mine. I would consider it to be a very scumbaggy thing to do. This isn't at all comparable in my mind to not turning in someone colluding at a SNG or whatever- but I'm not gonna argue this and don't really care what people think I "should" do.

The fact is most people aren't aware that this is still going on and should be made aware. And the people doing this need to know that we know they are doing it, and don't approve of it. If they still choose to multi-account in the future, they risk one of many people in the know getting pissed and turning them in. And thats quite a risk.

-Jeff
Old 07-07-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I started this thread to make people aware of the situation. Not to destroy the reputations of people I like. If others want to do that, that is their decision, as not doing so is mine. I would consider it to be a very scumbaggy thing to do. This isn't at all comparable in my mind to not turning in someone colluding at a SNG or whatever- but I'm not gonna argue this and don't really care what people think I "should" do.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is not scumbaggy to give them a warning and then go through with it if it does not help.

[ QUOTE ]
And the people doing this need to know that we know they are doing it, and don't approve of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
And without any guts to do anything about it. Wow, must be scary to these guys that 20 spineless people know about it and do not like it.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:48 PM

IMO the shady stuff that happens in online poker will never stop. It's well known that many of the high-stakes cash guys change accounts or screen names to misrepresent their identities, thus creating more (unwanted from opponents' perspectives) action for themselves. Further, many of us at MTTc stake people, who if they get deep in large MTTs, may essentially tell the stakee exactly what to do in every situation, so that while we are not directly clicking the mouse or typing in bet sizes, we are basically playing the tournament.

No disrespect at all meant to Mlagoo, but certainly some of you MTT guys at the house with far greater track records than Mlagoo were sweating and giving advice. I obviously don't know to what measure or extent this happened, and am not even necessarily saying its wrong or that I disagree with it, but it definitely violates the "1 person to a hand" rule.

I think multiaccounting MTTs is wrong, and I've never done and will never do it, but IMO its all on a continuum of shadiness that occurs everyday in the online poker world.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, there is no longer a grey line. There is no excuse. Multi-accounting tournaments is cheating! The sites have all specifically stated that this is cheating. Examples have been made and hundreds of thousands of dollars have been taken from people, accounts banned and more, to make it clear that this is cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was never a gray line. How one could think it was, I have no idea.

[ QUOTE ]
I am not going to sit here while I grind a living playing poker while others around me cheat and gain an unfair advantage while hurting my expectation, and do nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you are because you chose not to report them. You've decided to whine about players doing this that you know they are doing it and you seem to have knowledge of the accounts they own, yet you take no action to actually make them stop. If you want to be nice, tell them if you ever catch them again, you will report them.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:52 PM

People still multi account?