Old 06-26-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Re: 100NL: AA facing Turn Bet

bet more on the flop.
just call the turn
check/call the river.

anything wrong with this?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:42 AM

I'm not so sure that you can't fold to an unknown who is passive postflop who has just woken up when the board pairs. It could be A3 of diamonds, two pair, a set that is now a boat ... isn't this a WA/WB line? I'm not sure AQ or Q9 wake up this way when the board pairs.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:23 AM

He seems to have bought in for the max, id say thats more important than 24 hands of data. Less likely to be a beginner.

My standard line would be call and reevaluate on the river.

If hes filled up Id say he checks here.I doubt he bets the pot. I also find it hard to put a three in his hand, given the preflop raise and the albeit half pot bet on the flop.

Id suggest AQ or 10j of diamonds as likely hands. If he has AQ you dont really want to raise. You have position so use it.

It looks like a squeeze bet, and thats why id say 10j of diamonds is a real if very specific possibility.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:16 AM

He has AQ or queens here like never, I would presume that every player would raise that up from the SB (something gone wrong with the convertor I guess, UTG and SB probably called first before the raise of hero). That villain has PFR or 0 over such a small sample says not much. He may have chosen to stick around with A3s (unlikely) Q9s, QTs, QJs, KQ, JTs or nines. Or he is trapping with KK, haha, finally caught that aggressive guy. But all in all your relative weak flop bet probably induced a bluff and now he is trying to find out were he stands with his Q or he is semibluffing his JTs. The only reasonable hands that beat you at this moment are 999, A3s, QQ of which the last two are pretty unlikely. We don't know if he is prepared to call a shove with KQs or QJs, QTs, with Q9s he might have not seen the board pairing and mistakenly thinks he is leading against an overpair. With your aggressive image I think shoving is the best, better then raising him for another 30, that looks to strong. Calling is bad because their are some scared cards which could kill the action.