Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: this rule...
OMG YES GILD PLZ HELP 10 47.62%
wtf no ppl should be allowed to make horrible threads!!! 11 52.38%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Poll: Who is worse Yang or Gold?

In my opinion, both of last ME winners are terrible players, but who do you think is worse and why?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Poll: Who is worse Yang or Gold?

you're an idiot
Old 10-11-2007, 11:44 AM

I voted for Nader!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:03 PM

Why all the hate for Yang?
What is the difference beyween "just one time" and "god give me a 4".I hear the former all the time and no one seems to complain. Very few of us think that will effect the cards but it may give the player the confidence to gamble.
Yang seemed to know (given his skill level vs the rest of the field) what he had to do to have any chance of winning and had the guts needed to take the risks neccessary to give him that chance. He seemed to know he needed to get lucky and gave himself the chance to get lucky.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:48 PM

There is NO EXCUSE to play under a level of a 2 bucks online SNG no mater how bad you think you are.
Is it so hard to read few poker books that will introduce you to some basic tournament concepts before you decide you are going to play the biggest and most important tournament in the world?

Give me a break.. no excuse for the donk plays Yang showed us and no fuxing excuse for the way way excessive fanatic praying.

Needless to say I clicked Yang.
Compared to him Gold looks like....gold.

And to think that last year I thought that none will ever top the noobness of Jamie Gold....I can`t wait for WSOP ME 2008. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 12:57 PM

I don't think Yang needs any excuses, lol.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:59 PM

Jamie Gold is definitely a better player. He accomplished the same thing with a scalpel that Yang accomplished with an axe. Gold did his thing by talking people into confusion post-flop, while Yang was out to lunch if the hand ever got to the turn.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jamie Gold is definitely a better player. He accomplished the same thing with a scalpel that Yang accomplished with an axe. Gold did his thing by talking people into confusion post-flop, while Yang was out to lunch if the hand ever got to the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold accomplished the same thing while having a commanding chip lead. Gold cant play from behind as you saw from this years ME. Yang was a short stack remember.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why all the hate for Yang?
What is the difference beyween "just one time" and "god give me a 4".I hear the former all the time and no one seems to complain. Very few of us think that will effect the cards but it may give the player the confidence to gamble.
Yang seemed to know (given his skill level vs the rest of the field) what he had to do to have any chance of winning and had the guts needed to take the risks neccessary to give him that chance. He seemed to know he needed to get lucky and gave himself the chance to get lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree with this post. Yang came to the FT, 8th in chips and knew he wouldn't be able to outplay most of these guys so he decided he was just going to push hard -- very hard. If you recognize your shortcomings and adjust accordingly -- even if it means some sick gambles -- good for you. He did that. So what if he prayed along the way. It did get to be a bit much but there are worse things one could do -- such as make gorilla sounds while two other people are in an all-in hand that you are not involved in.

If Yang tried to pass himself off as an uber-pro I could understand some of the rants but the continued ripping of him by these jealous wannabes is getting old fast.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:17 PM

On the other hand, Gold does possess one trait that is ultimately fatal to any poker player: he vastly overestimates his skill, and as a result practices very poor table selection. Yang doesn't seem to be the type, although very little is known about him.