Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-01-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: How long do I withhold tips? Dealer mistake costs me $1800. (long)

[ QUOTE ]
in my local indian cardroom, a dealer made a $500 mistake in one of the NL games, and the player who was on the losing end told the General Manager of the cardroom he was going to report it to the gaming commission (exact same situation; dealer mistake, early burn and turn on river) and the Cardroom gave him his money back

I'd say you make an appointment with the GM of Poker/table games, tell them you plan to press the issue with the NVGC and would like to give them a chance to compensate you first

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonderful idea. Turn into "That Guy" who threatens to go to the authorities whenever there is an incident that doesn't go his way. Especially when THE INCIDENT WAS HANDLED CORRECTLY. Great idea.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As a pro, you know it cuts both ways. If the mistake had gone the other way, would you decide to tip off the $1800 by tipping double for 25 weeks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Answer the above quote live retard "pro"
Old 12-01-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When was the last time you heard of an airline pilot having to reimburse everyone for an airplane crash?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pilot is usually dead.

And the airlines DO pay out a settlement to the survivors and families.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

Better dealers deserve better tips. If a dealer makes mistakes, he deserves less tips. So by making this mistake, you are certinaly justified in withholding some tips from the dealers..

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

If the dealer made the mistake because they are not paying attention to the game, then withholding tips is perfectly fine.

The AMOUNT you withhold is something you might determine outside of the size of the loss that resulted from the error.

When a dealer is not paying attention and doing their job, they don't deserve a tip. Burning and turning before action is complete is one of the worst errors a dealer can make, not because it can cost you the pot, but because it means the dealer is NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

This deserves to be punished by withholding tips.

If you are playing TAG, you might win one or two hands each time a particular dealer is sitting at your table. Even if you withheld tips for a year, and the dealer was at your table once a day, you're still only talking a few hundred dollars.

If the dealer is having a bad day, and otherwise good, then withholding for a year is not justified - but withholding for a day probably is.

If the dealer is bad, and makes these mistakes often, then withhold tips forever, and this is perfectly fine.

AB