Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 11-29-2007, 08:50 AM

Default NL100: PF raise with TT gets raised, I c/r on flop. Ok? Spew?

Villain is 17.5/13.5/2.8 over 300 hands so far. He seems pretty good, very aggressive as stats show. At this table, he has 3bet me 3 or 4 times IP before this hand occured. I think I folded once PF and twice to his CB on the flop, so basically I think he 3bets me rather light.
In this hand, I thought about 4betting him PF but decided to go for a CR on a lot of boards, especially boards with a Q,J or T.
BTW: I'm running at this table at 14.6/11.8/4.2.
All comments appreciated!

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP2: $47.50
Hero (CO): $200.90
BTN: $220.50
SB: $106.10
BB: $95.90
UTG: $51.40
UTG+1: $85.50
UTG+2: $62.40
MP1: $95

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
5 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $14</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $10

Flop: ($29.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $60</font>
Old 11-29-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Re: NL100: PF raise with TT gets raised, I c/r on flop. Ok? Spew?

Given the deep stacks, I don't think he can continue here without better than Kings (and he might even fold Kings), which is obviously good. A lot of times you're bluffing with the best hand here, but that's fine too.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:14 AM

He won't fold kings, and he may well not fold AQ either. He will be pushing flush draws here too, which is the slightly awkward point as you will lose equity on these if he shoves (I assume you are folding to a shove).

Do you have a feel for his 3 betting range? Any pair? A lot of Axs, or suited connectors? More skewed towards pairs and I like this. If weighted towards suited cards it becomes more problematic.

But you're probably close to his range, with the true weakness of your hand disguised so I like.

My only personal problem with these is the psychological angle - i.e. does he feel you are about to make a stand? How long since he last pushed you about is probably relevant too.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My only personal problem with these is the psychological angle - i.e. does he feel you are about to make a stand? How long since he last pushed you about is probably relevant too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point but it's not like he is running over me so that I had to make a stand sooner or later. I've been 3betting pretty light myself at this table and I'm quite sure he knows that though I'm aggressive, I would not play back at him here with a weak hand just for the sake of playing back. Plus we're both pretty deep which normally should let him think that I don't want to play a big pot here without a real hand.
I disagree BTW that he will def continue here with KK and I am pretty sure that he would muck AQ here pretty fast. Additionally, I'm not sure if AQ is in his range here, it's def not a big part of it.