Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-26-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Airport Limo to Commerce

huh.

I live in Hollywood - do you think they'd drive me from my home and back? At what limits??

Some time Ago I saw Phil Helmuth at Commerce, waiting for a taxi... guess he doesn't rate?? LOLz

AB
Old 11-26-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
huh.

I live in Hollywood - do you think they'd drive me from my home and back? At what limits??

Some time Ago I saw Phil Helmuth at Commerce, waiting for a taxi... guess he doesn't rate?? LOLz

AB

[/ QUOTE ]

to and from the airport ONLY. They are very strict about that. I had to tip them an extra $20 to get them to agree to pick me up at a hotel just outside the airport and it was like pulling teeth to get them to do that but they finally agreed because i was moving into the hotel upstairs for 5 days.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm...I tipped the floor $20...and the driver $20..and I thought it was fairly standard...sure beats an $80 taxi ride

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez. Good tipper there.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
huh.

AB

[/ QUOTE ]

to and from the airport ONLY. They are very strict about that. I had to tip them an extra $20 to get them to agree to pick me up at a hotel just outside the airport and it was like pulling teeth to get them to do that but they finally agreed because i was moving into the hotel upstairs for 5 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's an insurance/license issue that prevents them from stopping off at other places.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm...I tipped the floor $20...and the driver $20..and I thought it was fairly standard...sure beats an $80 taxi ride

[/ QUOTE ]

But not a $30 rental car.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But not a $30 rental car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know too many guys who need a car service from the airport to Commerce that will be staying there for just one day. Car service from Commerce is much cheaper. Also keep in mind this is for players in the high limit section only, they can generally afford the tip - its at least 1SB.