Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games

Old 10-21-2007, 06:11 PM

Default 100/200 Ace to Five easy \"I never play this game\" spot

5 handed. Villain is Yosh Nakano who is good and solid, however he is losing quite a bit this session and seems a bit frustrated. The game has substantial action and quite a few "creative" holdings have seen showdown.

2 limps, I complete 543 in the small blind, Yosh raises in big blind, call call call

draw 2, yosh is pat, 3, 3

I check, yosh bets, call call, I see I have caught a 6 and call, call call, I draw 1, pat, 2, 2

I check, yosh bets, call call

Do I draw to 6543 here? Should I have even drawn to it on the previous round?
Old 10-21-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: 100/200 Ace to Five easy \"I never play this game\" spot

Am I wrong in assuming this would be like "should I draw to 2368 in duece" here?
Old 10-21-2007, 06:44 PM

I would gladly draw to 8632 here but during this hand I really had this stomach churning feeling when I picked up the 6 that there was a good chance I was drawing dead.

The thing here is that it makes no sense for Yosh to pat a 7 here no matter how bad because he knows that everyone's hand is mediocre/horrible so he is better off just drawing because making a straight is not a concern in this game and I would be fairly surprised if his 6 draw is not a bigger favorite over the field than a pat 7. Or at least I think so. I had never played this game before and although I think I figured it out fairly well I also think whatever I ended up doing in this hand was wrong and I was very unhappy with my play.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:04 PM

Id continue, but with a sick feeling in my stomach.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:24 PM

I'd fold, Aces and deuces are going to be totally dead, so you are drawing at 76 and probably have like 2 outs. Close to a fold after the first draw but its cheap and closing the action so I guess its cool.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-22-2007, 12:26 AM

I'd probably drop. I don't like my situation; I don't like my position,; I don't like my draw and I can't see anything getting better if I hit my hand. Hell, it might even be worse. Up front in TD against multiple opponents I usually (read always) draw to the nuts.

jmo

PS: Is that mixed game at the Bike still going?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:33 AM

by still going do you mean does it still go sometimes or do you mean is it still going at this very moment? because yes it goes as this is where this hand was played and I have no idea if the game is going still because I quit at about 11am or noon after starting the game at 10 or so last night.

the first two times I played it started at 60 and we bumped to 80 but last night we started 3 handed at 80 and bumped to 1/2 while my eyes filled with tears of sorrow that I had to object to playing much much higher
Old 10-22-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold, Aces and deuces are going to be totally dead, so you are drawing at 76 and probably have like 2 outs. Close to a fold after the first draw but its cheap and closing the action so I guess its cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with DD here.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:06 AM

6543? Sounds like a classic example of "the only thing worse than missing your draw is hitting it." I am not sure there is any card other than an ace that would make me happy on the first draw.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:33 AM

Oh by the way, I think when it goes 1, pat, 2, 2 you should strongly consider checkraising the field and snowing here. It's so strong, and you have the perfect hand that really can't continue so if Yosh 3 bets you can just fold. I haven't played draw with Yosh but most live players will give a TON of respect to this play, and it sounds like the cards are pretty dead so the other guys brick out a ton.

Finally, if Yosh folds you could then decide to draw one and tilt the hell out of him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey