Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 01:38 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/15)

[ QUOTE ]
See ya. He's on every episode for the rest of the season.

You may want to consider anger management therapy until next season starts, you'll probably enjoy it much more then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh

I'm a level headed person, no anger management needed

And I obviously dramatized things with my previous post

But if I wanted to watch play money tables I'd open up stars

Farha treats a million bucks like nothing, it doesn't add anything to the show

Action is action, we can get that anywhere in the poker world... but I think the majority of us actually want to see interesting hands where the money means something to the players and they have it put to the test
Old 10-18-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You may want to consider anger management therapy until next season starts, you'll probably enjoy it much more then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh

Action is action, we can get that anywhere in the poker world... but I think the majority of us actually want to see interesting hands where the money means something to the players and they have it put to the test

[/ QUOTE ]

Points well taken, nez (and was just kidding about the anger management).

Two things though...whatever the stakes are that people play for, they usually want a guy like Sammy in their game. He's an action player...and as for the money, remember that everything is relative. And as far as interesting hands...sometimes you just have to play what you're dealt. This season has many more interesting hands than the previous seasons, and I hope you'll continue to watch so that you won't miss them. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 07:19 AM

Im glad this season has been more exciting/interesting.

I felt towards the end of last season it had hit a dry spell with people just coming in with big lumps of cash and when in doubt chuck it in and take the pot.

Even Jamie Gold came off looking good this season [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 09:31 AM

That K7o hand was pure gold. Also when Farha talks about the hand and says something like "Your hand doesn't matter, I had a gambling hand", it's like getting a direct view into the mind of a fish.

People keeps saying he is good at PLO, but I really can't believe it. His fundamentals are so [censored] bad that anyone with half a clue should rip him apart. I'm guessing he is just an aggrotard running good for a few years. That or the money he plays for is so big people are afraid to play like they should against him, and play scared.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would rather watch a bunch of David Grey types nit it up? I think it's a lot more interesting watching these guys get in there with marginal hands then watching AK race against QQ all the time. They give themselves all kinds of tough decisions. I'm curious what your definition of an interesting hand is?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true story.

we have a guy from here in the pittsburgh, pa area who had hit for a big score in AC and went to LV with some big cash. he showed up at a nl game at the bellagio and put 50k on the table. out from a closed door comes Sammy Farha, he sits down with something over 50k. within 30 minutes Sammy had felted our local hero. as our hero leaves the table sammy also leaves and goes back through the door from which he came.

the problem isn't that sammy treats hsp as if it were a play money table at stars.. the problem is that you view it as your bankroll. if you can begin to understand sammy then you are getting somewhere.

sammy is not the problem. it's the opposite of sammy that makes things difficult. sammy clearly knew that when he played the K7 that there was a chance that even if he hit the king he'd go bust. he took the chance. he told phil the exact truth. he didn't know that he was good.. he was gambling. players like sammy will felt you. they'll also stack off to you.

when you're running good you love sammy as an opponent. when you're runnin bad he drives you nuts.

period.

criticizing his play is futile. sammy's are much more important to the game of poker. he's loose, he's action. that does not mean he's a fish. he'll outplay you. don't you believe that he won't.

the arrogance of the posters on this site is amazing. i'm more than ready to bet that half of the ubernit personalities that post here are fish themselves. They're here complaining about the loose play because some guy busted their KK with A4 off. They would rather the entire world play predictably so they can protect their stack in a gambling world.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That K7o hand was pure gold. Also when Farha talks about the hand and says something like "Your hand doesn't matter, I had a gambling hand", it's like getting a direct view into the mind of a fish.

People keeps saying he is good at PLO, but I really can't believe it. His fundamentals are so [censored] bad that anyone with half a clue should rip him apart. I'm guessing he is just an aggrotard running good for a few years. That or the money he plays for is so big people are afraid to play like they should against him, and play scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta be kidding.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:09 PM

If one more person posts here about how Farha is a great gambling player who plays a superb loose aggressive style that none of us nits understand because we're all too unimaginative, I am going to need to punch something.

[ QUOTE ]
sammy is not the problem. it's the opposite of sammy that makes things difficult. sammy clearly knew that when he played the K7 that there was a chance that even if he hit the king he'd go bust. he took the chance. he told phil the exact truth. he didn't know that he was good.. he was gambling. players like sammy will felt you. they'll also stack off to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell does any of this even mean? You can't call 25K preflop with those stack sizes with K7 against a tight player and win money. It just can't be done.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:15 PM

Jennifer, thanks for posting. I love watching you play and think you add a lot to HSP with solid play and interesting table talk.

Question-Does everyone at the table hate Jamie Gold as much as I do? Please say Yes.

And what is your favorite Cash Game?? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What the hell does any of this even mean? You can't call 25K preflop with those stack sizes with K7 against a tight player and win money. It just can't be done.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok.. you know your tight/weak opponents will raise big with their pairs. hellmuth has shown that 99 and 88 are worthy of big raises. and.. as we've seen he's liable to raise big then check the flop. so now you're likely going to see 4 cards for 25k .. not a bad proposition.

poker is all situational. there is no time that you can ever say that you wouldn't call a bet with any hand. strict starting hand requirements are for beginners. once you play long enough you realize that.