Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/15)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on this ep:

- lol @ Safai

- God Harman. Bet the freaking turn. It's Elezra ffs. Also, you retards blasting Jen for being a nit on that JJJ flop hand need to think for yourselves and stop listening to Gabe's crap. Jen's check there is incredibly obvious. She saves money against a J and everything else can't call the turn and doesn't have any outs. Her fold versus Gold was pretty nitty, but he did a good job of looking strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

you save money against a J. you save money against a J.

do you spend your nights looking under the bed for the boogey man too? what if you're holding the ace on that board and someone comes out on the river and bets 50k. are you going to give him the J.

this is exactly what i'm talking about. this is exactly why jen is bad for the game.. she's no action at all. i don't know why she's on there year after year. she doesn't even get into any colorful table talk. at least laak is interesting. she's like spaghetti noodles before you put sauce on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol at you guys criticizing Jennifer Harman. Do you guys remember the first two seasons? She played quite a few hands and made big bluffs. You guys have never played for a couple hours and not gotten much in the way of cards to play? Jeez, relax. She has been one of the best and most consistent players every season. She should have a spot at the table every season.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:23 PM

You can also see him in some Cash Poker episodes. http://www.ultimatepokerchallenge.co...deogallery.php
Old 10-17-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

she is the one at the table that is totally useless. it would be different if she was at least interesting. she is boring.. her play is boring. her table presence is uber boring.

[/ QUOTE ]
What else can the producers do? it is not like the world is full of high stakes female players. Who else can the produces get? because of people like you complaining about Jen we will probably have "lady maverick" playing in HSP shortly.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:31 AM

I would love to see Russo blow all her WCOOP winnings on HSP.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:38 AM

When Farha took 2 minutes to fold J-9 to Elezra's all-in I was flipping off the TV and cussing at him and that close to thowing my remote at him

What a bunch of [censored] horse [censored], you piece of [censored] attention whore just fold your [censored] cards when you have a no-brainer decision to make, no one actually cares about your showboating because everyone knows you are full of [censored]

This episode tilted me so hard it hurt my head

If he's on the next episode I'm seriously probably going to turn it off, I can't take it anymore
Old 10-18-2007, 01:05 AM

I didn't bet the turn when I made Jacks full of Aces because I didnt want to lose him. The chance he had a Jack were pretty slim. I wanted him to either catch up and make a pair or he already had a pair and maybe could get a bet or call from him on the river.

I felt if I would of bet the Ace on the turn he would of folded as he would of put me on a Ace. I know my table image was extremely tight and I feel he would of laid down his hand.

Jennifer
Old 10-18-2007, 01:28 AM

Nice explanation Jennifer, actually got me to sign up to ask you this question:

Given your table image at that time, if he had of pushed hard at you on the river could you have given him credit for having the J or would you have felted with the jacks full?
Old 10-18-2007, 01:29 AM

Jennifer-

I don't know if you read the whole thread, but I just want to say thanks for actually playing sane poker. I think most of the high stakes player on the site would agree you played the Jacks full hand well.

Just curious, what range did you give Jamie when he limp-reraised all-in and you were holding jacks? Did the table talk affect your decision?

It's easy to talk crap about Jamie based on how he's played on TV, but very few of us have been in the moment dealing with his constant chatter
Old 10-18-2007, 01:36 AM

See ya. He's on every episode for the rest of the season.

You may want to consider anger management therapy until next season starts, you'll probably enjoy it much more then.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jennifer-

I don't know if you read the whole thread, but I just want to say thanks for actually playing sane poker. I think most of the high stakes player on the site would agree you played the Jacks full hand well.

Just curious, what range did you give Jamie when he limp-reraised all-in and you were holding jacks? Did the table talk affect your decision?

It's easy to talk crap about Jamie based on how he's played on TV, but very few of us have been in the moment dealing with his constant chatter

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to agree with the first paragraph fully. The first few seasons of HSP were fun to see some of the laggy play and get introduced to a new style of play I hadn't seen but this season with Sammy and Eli is just close to unwatchable.

I'm sure they are great to have in your game but for the tv show with so few hands actually shown, I know I want to see poker getting played and just just flip gambles so it's nice to see you, DN and even Phil H showing how to make adjustments to your usual (from what has been shown in previous seasons and shows) style...means that I at least am still able to take something away from the show in terms of continuing my "education" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]