Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Rutgers 7-0
1 3 21.43%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 3 21.43%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Poll: Most / Least like-able players at the WSOP FT

[ QUOTE ]
I think the prayer stuff with Yang turned me off on him. But he played the best by far. The only one that really made moves outside of AK, and maybe Rahme. He did get some great cards. I think he only made 1 or 2 bad calls the entire time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...he made moves...he put pressure on with subpar hands, he didn't wait around to pick up big hands v. big hands situations, he constantly put pressure on. He was stealing left and right @ the final table if you watched the PPV broadcast. I know he didn't do it by the book, raising 6-10xBB, etc, but those huge raises just crushed any opportunity to call/outplay the guy postflop, which Hilm tried to do early(by CALLING 10xBB preflop with KQo from OOP!) I doubt Yang would have a great track record playing 10000 MTTs online, but in this one isolated final table, with all the $$$ and all the pressure in the world...he played above the rim.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:30 PM

the praying turned me off immediately with Yang, it's a poker table, not a church service. It annoys me with people who beg for turn and river cards, and praying to Jesus Christ to give him cards because this is his plan for him is a bad look. Yang bugged me with his think tank move with two all ins and him, with K8Off as well. I think he played well, but as usual with the ME, winning always comes down to luck, it's player who wins the most coin tosses who comes out on top. Jerry chose a strategy to raise the price of poker by his huge preflop raises, and it worked for him, but in the end he caught cards and won, Jesus didn't pick the dealer and set Jerry up in every hand. Yang actually takes away from his own card playing skills by praying for his cards everytime
Old 10-10-2007, 07:46 PM

Tough choice between Kravchenko and Kalmar.

I thought Krachenko certainly seemed to be playing at his best at the FT, and I really enjoyed watching him crush Yang until his 4th place finish.

Kalmar had a pretty easy-going personality (reminded me of Dannenmann from '05) and seemed to be a fairly solid player.

Another favorite of mine is Khan, but I won't go into detail since people will flame me to death for it.

I easily hated Yang the most. I don't especially have anything against religion, but when millions of people are watching you on TV, chances are they're not going to like you if you pray at a poker table, whether they're religious or not. Besides, I hated the fact that he was so uptight about everything at the final table. Relax, you're already half a million dollars richer.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:12 PM

I agree with the assessments on his personality. I liked his style though. He got lucky on the last hand but he was a monster chip leader
Old 10-10-2007, 09:40 PM

You obviously know little. The hand with the JJ he got a better hand to lay down..last time I checkedI, thats called "outplaying" your opponent....he didn't make his call too fast with Hilm, it was only that way on the ESPN show which is obviously all you watched- in real life it took forever ...regarding his call with A9 - Watkinson is known as a player who can move with any 2 cards and really, what does it matter -- he called and had the guy dominated. Go back into your hole or your online poker world or your book.

[ QUOTE ]
Phlegm are you joking?
He went crazy with JJ and was lucky he didn't go broke. Made his call with AK way way too fast angaisnt Hilm showing clearly that hes not thinking at all. And called a raise from a known tight player for 8x his raise with A 9 offsuit, he was garabge. I can't even keep watching casue im so upset that this fucknut won.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-10-2007, 10:08 PM

the only thing i didn't like bout Yang was that he acted in slow motion.
If i were playing him live, I would go tilt.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You obviously know little. The hand with the JJ he got a better hand to lay down..last time I checkedI, thats called "outplaying" your opponent....he didn't make his call too fast with Hilm, it was only that way on the ESPN show which is obviously all you watched- in real life it took forever ...regarding his call with A9 - Watkinson is known as a player who can move with any 2 cards and really, what does it matter -- he called and had the guy dominated. Go back into your hole or your online poker world or your book.

[ QUOTE ]
Phlegm are you joking?
He went crazy with JJ and was lucky he didn't go broke. Made his call with AK way way too fast angaisnt Hilm showing clearly that hes not thinking at all. And called a raise from a known tight player for 8x his raise with A 9 offsuit, he was garabge. I can't even keep watching casue im so upset that this fucknut won.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus christ you are a moron, you are just one of those idiots who think that anybody who wins must be teh best pok4r pl4y3r e3vr, is jamie gold teh amazingness also?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only thing i didn't like bout Yang was that he acted in slow motion.
If i were playing him live, I would go tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with that. Jesus Ferguson is that way. It makes his hard to read. I think it may have put some others on tilt too. They sure couldn't really read him. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 10:53 PM

It's a no brainer to me. Khan was definitely the least likable. I'm sure he's a nice guy when not playing poker. But he acts like a jerk at the table.

Other than that, not too many people I hated. Kravchenko has the personality of a brick and Rahme can't play a lick of poker. But otherwise that's it.

As for Yang, I don't see it. Yes, the praying was over the top and inappropriate. But he does seem like a genuine, honest guy. You'd know if you heard his full interview after the win.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:36 PM

Ill take semi-fanatical God talking over Jamie Gold doucheness any day.