Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Hevad Kahn

You see the worst of it on TV. I imagine Humberto is also really annoying...but you don't see his schtick all the time, just on big hands, which are rare. Seemed like Hevad went off even if he stole the blinds.

That said, the few times he wasn't being shown winning a hand, he seemed pretty decent. A bit odd, like ADHD or lacking social skills odd, but not douche-baggish.

I think anyone running 20+ SNG's at a time has to have something a bit wrong in the head anyway...
Old 10-01-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just looked up "RainKhan" on sharkscope. On pokerstars the guy is down $35K. His graph has taken a major downward spiral since the WSOP ME.

He prob can show 1% roi 40 tabling $30 sit and goes. After his mainevent winnings I guess he thought he was good enuf to 40 table $200+. He thought wrong.

--
auswalk.blogspot.com

[/ QUOTE ]
That Sharkscope graph was infamous way before Hevad himself was. That spiral happened many months before the ME, he only played a handful of SnG's after his big score.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:34 PM

Some of you need to loosen the fk up. What's the big deal? Hevad and Humberto were hilarious. Who the hell wants to see a bunch of quiet mofos with shades on thinking they are god's gift to poker. I'm sure you guys would rather watch all the boring asians this year at the wsop with zero personality. It's nice to see people having fun playing a 10k tourney.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of you need to loosen the fk up. What's the big deal? Hevad and Humberto were hilarious. Who the hell wants to see a bunch of quiet mofos with shades on thinking they are god's gift to poker. I'm sure you guys would rather watch all the boring asians this year at the wsop with zero personality. It's nice to see people having fun playing a 10k tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wuold if they were any good at poker
Old 10-01-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Faking orgasms at the table doesn't indicate personality, except if the world is immediately followed by disorder.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Faking orgasms at the table doesn't indicate personality

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-01-2007, 10:27 PM

i thought he was hilarious. the guy i hate the most so far on these broadcasts is the guy dressed like a high school foot ball coach wearing the ohio state stuff. his celebration after he wins every hand is really obnoxious. kahn just sorta acts like hes some jungle guy with his ooh ahh ooh ahh, that makes me laugh.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:44 PM

It's all for TV and it sure as hell makes it a LOT more entertaining to watch.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:38 AM

I've missed most of the 2007 WSOP broadcasts due to moving my office/TV/etc. around the house, but have been catching up the past couple weeks. Last night, ESPN aired a couple hours toward the end of the Main Event, including where Khan knocked out Humberto. His celebration, including that shtick with the chair in the air, was so bad even Humberto had a look like he thought Khan was a d-bag. Seriously, do a fist pump, high-five your buddies, etc. but get a grip and act with a little class.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's all for TV and it sure as hell makes it a LOT more entertaining to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it would be much more entertaining to see some more poker hands rather than wasting time focusing in on some maladjusted douchebag.