Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 08:06 PM

Default NL 25 Flopped set on dry board

Villan is 13/9/1.9 through 87 hands, no real reads on him.
I know i should raise PF and i normally do but had a big hand on another table and almost timed out. Other than that what do you do here? the straight that appeared would have been a gutshot and I really didnt put him on that.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $.1/$.25
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $38.70
CO: $xx
Button: $22.75
SB: $xx
xBB: $xx

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1.25, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.25</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($3.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero
Old 02-14-2007, 08:12 PM

Default Re: NL 25 Flopped set on dry board

raise w/55 utg. as played raise trun and hope to get it all in.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:20 PM

get it all in plz. Let's not be afraid of Q10.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:24 PM

Any ideas as to what he is doing this with? I got it in, and just want to know if i played this correctly
Old 02-14-2007, 08:35 PM

What have you seen him do this with before?

Do you know if he would call a single raise preflop with JJ, or would he 3-bet it (with a PFR of 9 I think he would call)?

He's tight preflop, but does he call loosely postflop? I could see this guy calling preflop with QTs.

Has he shown a tendency to not fold to c-bets? Have you been c-betting heavily prior to this hand?

If you have seen evidence that he would consider TPTK, AA, or two pair a big enough hand to slowplay on the flop with, shove the turn. On the other hand, he is aggressive with less than a set but holds off until the turn to get aggressive with his sets, you've got a problem (KK, 99). If he won't give up on a decent PP just because there is one overcard on the board, you could very well be in trouble (I can see a lot of players doing this with JJ). Either way, I would go to showdown with this one, even if I had to call a shove.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:57 PM

Is anyone folding this in fear of a higher set? Especially at NL 25
Old 02-14-2007, 09:34 PM

I'm not folding in fear of it, but that's what I'm afraid of. As soon as I read the post i thought 99 made sense. He is 13/9/1.8 He doesn't limp and doesn't call raises preflop often and the 4% difference between pfr and vpip screams pocketpair when he limps this. The call on the flop b/c he is not afraid of anything and springs on the turn because there are a few draws, so he doesn't want to see a bad river and he figures after your two bets you must have something and he can get paid. When I'm really on my game I can just call this and try to get to showdown cheap (raise isn't too big which is another reason I think he has 99), well, no, even at the top of my game I can probably say, "he has 99" and then click raise, but whatever.