Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is the runner up?
Watch 1 6 22.22%
Watch 2 5 18.52%
Watch 3 8 29.63%
Watch 4 8 29.63%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Personal Business Manager or Private Jet?

my fiancee is basically my personal business manager, never even think about bills she just knows where to get the money and pays them, I actually like it A LOT...to be honest, I dont have a lot of need for a personal private jet because I HATE flying, if I didnt mind flying, then it would most likely be pretty awesome
Old 03-07-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, we need a kyleb thread about having a personal assistant.

[/ QUOTE ]

DD, Alobar,

I don't think it's that big of a deal. I hired a college kid for a decent wage and she does all my company's bills and ledgers along with booking appointments and doing other errands for the partners in my firm (which includes me, obviously).

Don't get me wrong, without her, our business would be ten times less efficient, but come on, a jet?

If it's really that exciting, I guess I could do an Ask Me thread, but I seriously just give her any menial task that I want her to do and she does it extremely competently. The key is to find an assistant who is smart and can take the initiative on unclear orders - aka, don't call me when I send you to the store to buy flowers for my girlfriend and ask if I want baby's breath in there or not; make a decision. She does that.

Come to think of it, maybe it's better than a jet.

I dunno.

EDIT: Freakin can give his two cents as well. He's one of the partners in the firm.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:26 PM

To be clear, I'm not talking about a personal assistant. That would be great, but a little lighter-weight than a business manager that pays all your bills, does your taxes, refinances your mortgage, puts your estate plan together, sets up your insurance, etc etc etc etc. I've got assistants in my office that I make do crap for me that I could do myself (like the flower example) but I don't HATE ordering flowers. I do hate doing all the crap a business manager would do.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:28 PM

Yeah, I figured - our personal assistant keeps the books and does most of our taxes, knows how to setup insurance and business security, she's in-between a personal assistant and business manager.