Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 09:41 AM

Default AA UI on drawy river

Villain is 54/10/0.5, notes: donks BP on flop, raise FD on turn, never bluffs, don't c/r TP on flop.

Svenska Spel SEK 20/40 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Gvasa is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Gvasa raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Gvasa bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Gvasa bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Gvasa calls.

River: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Gvasa ?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: AA UI on drawy river

I'd b/f. Q10 and Q8 are in his range, but so are a lot of kings. He doesn't look like the type of player to c/r the river, but if he does you have an easy fold and you get value out of a lot of hands.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:06 AM

I have a strong suspicion that villain was semi-bluffing you with a combo-draw, then hit and is trying to go all sexy on yo ass.

It might be horribly weak, but are we really ahead 66% on this river? If not, then check/behind (I can't bet/fold this). If he overplayed a lone King then we got enough value out of his turn raise (I know it doesn't really matter in our decision but psychologically it does. When I get aces I want my value dammit!)
Old 09-10-2007, 10:33 AM

If i'm not comfortable 3-betting the turn vs. this guy i can't imagine I'd be comfortable betting the river. You know he checks 2-pair right? check.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:35 AM

"... raise FD on turn, never bluffs,"

hmmm?

i don't think the river matters much as long as you don't put in two bets.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"... raise FD on turn, never bluffs,"

hmmm?

i don't think the river matters much as long as you don't put in two bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

raising FD is a semibluff, when I take a note never bluffs, I mean pure bluffs...
Old 09-10-2007, 11:01 AM

If I don't bet this river, I'm overthinking it. The villain shouldn't be getting fancy here because his turn raise more often than not should scare you into checking behind on the river. So his river check means you win. If not, he's trying to sexy you or puts you firmly on a Q. I rarely see a river sexy here - it's only when the villain is tilting from hands played versus you that they try to humiliate you by making these kinds of plays. I had this fellow last night check a set of jacks oop on both the turn and river in a desperate attempt to checkraise me. Anyway, I think it's pretty rare to see a checkraise here on the river, since you could have a Q and he doesn't.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know he checks 2-pair right? check.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-10-2007, 12:03 PM

In this sitauation I'm 99% sure he don't have straight or better. I think he'll check/call 2-pairs and probably TP and I'm pretty sure he'll check/fold everything else. So does he have 2-pair more often than TP here is really the question...
Old 09-10-2007, 12:05 PM

well he doens't c/r top pair on the flop? how about on the turn? I'd say no. When this guy c/r's me on the turn i usually assume he has a good hand or total [censored].

also you need him to have like K3-K8 which IMO are a lot less likely than a hand like K9+.