Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Turning Stone -- 15/30 LHE: Turn Decisions (Hand 2 of 2)

Same game as before. I am about 5 hours in at this point, and am running relatively poorly. Though, with the loose play, the pots I am winning are larger than they should be, so I'm only stuck half a rack.

Villains in this hand:

PEH (Plays every hand): An Indian gentleman to my right with whom I had the following discussion:

He turns to me after a hand completes that he folded preflop and says: "You know, I used to play every hand. I mean EVERY hand. But I don't anymore." Well, maybe not EVERY hand, but I've seen him cold-call a raise with 75o.

AT (Angry Tilter): This guy seems to be running badly, and I think is in calldown mode with any pair.

PEH limps UTG+1, I raise QQ next to act, folds to AT who calls in SB, BB folds.

($105) Flop: A J 8 two-tone

Checks to me, I bet, AT calls, PEH calls.

($150) Turn: 8

Checks to me, Hero????

I apologize if this is super standard.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Turning Stone -- 15/30 LHE: Turn Decisions (Hand 2 of 2)

bet here. checking w/straight draw on board is bad, plus it opens you up to possible river bluff...
Old 08-20-2007, 05:33 PM

Bet, see a river. Fold to a raise. I would check the river behind because I'm a sissy.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:40 PM

bet bet bet and make it the last money you put into this pot unless you river good
Old 08-20-2007, 06:22 PM

Easy bet. I bet the river too if everyone checks to you again. I would probably fold to a river bet from PEH (I'm assuming that he's pretty passive) and would consider calling a river bet from AT if it's not too scary of a card.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:41 AM

Bet and fold if raised. Check behind on the river.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:47 AM

I like a check turn to induce a river bluff. On the turn, you could get check raised out of the pot, and may fold out hands that you could beat. Keep the pot small, avoid a c/r. If checked to on the river, make a thin value bet? I dunno, how bad is AT on tilt? If he'll call w/ any J or like 77, go for it. Don't fear PEH's hand too much.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Results

I bet, was called hesitantly by AT, and raised by PEH, to which I insta-mucked. AT called turn and folded river, and PEH showed me 85o.

This situation often leaves me in the most trouble in limit Holdem. I feel it is a clear bet OOP, but in position, I'm never sure.

I mean, as far as pair based hands, I am currently beating only a Jack. However, versus pair based hands, this is a WA/WB situation, since the paired eights mean only a King or a paired Jack beats me on the river (except for spiked sets).

My bet only charges drawing hands, and it will be clear usually if those get the on the river.

On the other side of the coin, I feel gutshots will likely still call me here, and Jacks or smaller PPs will pay off the whole way. I guess the whole situation just leaves me confused as to the right move.

(Note: Online, I insta-check, since river bluffing in this situation is so much more prevalent, and my hand is a nice bluff catcher).