Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Diet changes that have benefited you

Also, getting a healthy portion of vitamin P at least weekly will do wonders for your health. It can be eaten and or rubbed on your skin. I am serious, sex is good for your health, as is laughter.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am serious, sex is good for your health, as is laughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preferably not at the same time though.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm off base thinking that hard liquor is harder on my esophagus and stomach lining than beer? Huh. All these years I could have been knocking back shots?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure it really depends on what beer your drinking, if its something like Stella Artois I can imagine that being very damaging

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would Stella be worse than other beers? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am serious, sex is good for your health, as is laughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preferably not at the same time though.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if it tickles? Never had a funny strip tease?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm off base thinking that hard liquor is harder on my esophagus and stomach lining than beer? Huh. All these years I could have been knocking back shots?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure it really depends on what beer your drinking, if its something like Stella Artois I can imagine that being very damaging

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would Stella be worse than other beers? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im speaking from experience, I feel like more lindmines have exploded inside me after a heavy stella session, the 0.2% abv makes a real difference when timed by 8 pints
Old 06-19-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im speaking from experience, I feel like more lindmines have exploded inside me after a heavy stella session, the 0.2% abv makes a real difference when timed by 8 pints

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. There are a number of beers that I avoid because they do terrible, terrible things to me the next day but Stella is a staple for me and gives me no problems.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Food combining

The jury is definitely out on this, and the science is, shall we say, in dispute. It's also hard to do in our society.

I did this for a year or so when I was single, though, and I did seem to have more energy and my weight was at its lowest point in my adult life.

In a nutshell, you don't combine acid-digested foods with alkaline-digested foods.

Don't eat starch and protein at the same time.

Eat fruit only on an empty stomach.

Don't eat protein and acid at the same time, i.e., steak and tomatoes.

You can eat leafy veggies with either of these. So, you can have a baked potato and salad, or steak and salad, but you don't want to eat the baked potato and the steak at the same time.

Wacky, and hard to do (what? no milk and cereal? no sandwiches [bread & meat]?), but, as I say, I felt great the year I did it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The jury isn't really out on this. The logic behind it isn't good, and the guy who made this popular isn't a doctor. I've talked about this with a few doctors and they've all said it's worthless and wrong.

I had a friend who used to do this. He lost so much weight he scared everyone, and often looked like he was going to faint. One of his many now-classic assertions he got from Fit for Life: an apple has more than enough protein for an entire day!
Old 06-19-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you think you're accomplishing by switching beer in and hard liquor out, Katie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't hard liquor worse for you than beer?

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends on what you do with either one.
1 Glass of beer = 1 shot of Whiskey as far as alcohol goes.
It's all the other stuff around the alcohol and of course quantity, that are going to be making differences. IE. a rum and diet coke is likely to have less calories than a beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, especially because beer is so incredibly high in calories, it can be less than ideal for the ladies. You can work up a week's worth of excess calories in one night, no problem.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:52 PM

I've lost about 15 lbs in the last 2 months. My wife and several friends have noticed.

Diet changes include:
--- Eating smaller portions
--- Avoiding desserts
--- No snacking during the day
--- Only drink water and fat free milk
--- Alcohol on special occasions

One thing I did a while ago was to quit caffeine. I never felt better. I have no trouble waking up after a normal night's sleep.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:07 PM

I weighed about 250 lbs. 2 years ago. When I tried to slim myself down the first thing I changed was switching from regular to diet soda. I love soda so dropping it wasn't that much of an option to me, but the switch was very beneficial as I drank about 4-6 20 oz. bottles a day of Coke prior to switching. The changes were almost immediately noticeable as I dropped about 10 lbs. instantly from what it seemed like. I was able to drop about 40 lbs. over 4-6 months. Obviously I ate better and exercised but this was the main change.