Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: A visual representation of FGators dollars (serious theory post)

This post is seriously very good. <3 Clayton
Old 10-11-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think a whole bunch of 2p2ers have exact same stats as "perfect" player but their green bars are about a third as tall.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi this is me. Great post. Not enough theory threads on 2+2 have MSPaint.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:46 AM

Awesome.

What are those things on the purple bars, and why doesn't the one guy have one?
Old 10-12-2007, 01:23 AM

Please sticky this.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to spoil the fun but the original picture is a tad bit wrong... First off, the "perfect" T/LAG player's money made from coolers is obv going to be more than the money other people make from coolers, because they are going to be able to get their opponents in more situations where it becomes a "cooler" (example: the "perfect" player 3 bets / 4 bets some guy relentlessly for past 30 mins, and the guy wakes up with 99 and after 3 betting he gets 4 bet again, but this time "perfect" player has AA. "Perfect" player obv created this cooler for himself, while 99 would be a pretty ez laydown to most players).

And greg1osu's red bar should be in the negative. That guy couldn't be tighter...

Thats all

[/ QUOTE ]

A "cooler" isn't what he really means. It's just a situation where all the money was going to go in regardless of how either player decided to play the hand.

That is, if you have AA, and I have KK, our history is irrelevant, it's going in. If we both flop sets, same. If you flop a big draw and I have two pair, same. If you flop a set and I have AK on an A79 flop in a 3-bet pot, who the [censored] cares what the history is, all the money's going in.

"Coolers" are those hands where it just doesn't matter what the hell the history was. And as Clayton pointed out, the only player who has less of these is the Fish, because he's more likely to play tricky/trappy/slow with big hands, so if I have AK on a A87 board vs. his 88, we might not get all in, just because he'll slow play it and sometimes it'll go turn 9, river T, and he'll be scared and I'll be scared and the river checks down and then it's lolzville. I'm sure you've seen the $20 pots that get shipped when 2 fish flop sets and check it to the river, for example.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not to spoil the fun but the original picture is a tad bit wrong... First off, the "perfect" T/LAG player's money made from coolers is obv going to be more than the money other people make from coolers, because they are going to be able to get their opponents in more situations where it becomes a "cooler" (example: the "perfect" player 3 bets / 4 bets some guy relentlessly for past 30 mins, and the guy wakes up with 99 and after 3 betting he gets 4 bet again, but this time "perfect" player has AA. "Perfect" player obv created this cooler for himself, while 99 would be a pretty ez laydown to most players).

And greg1osu's red bar should be in the negative. That guy couldn't be tighter...

Thats all

[/ QUOTE ]

A "cooler" isn't what he really means. It's just a situation where all the money was going to go in regardless of how either player decided to play the hand.

That is, if you have AA, and I have KK, our history is irrelevant, it's going in. If we both flop sets, same. If you flop a big draw and I have two pair, same. If you flop a set and I have AK on an A79 flop in a 3-bet pot, who the [censored] cares what the history is, all the money's going in.

"Coolers" are those hands where it just doesn't matter what the hell the history was. And as Clayton pointed out, the only player who has less of these is the Fish, because he's more likely to play tricky/trappy/slow with big hands, so if I have AK on a A87 board vs. his 88, we might not get all in, just because he'll slow play it and sometimes it'll go turn 9, river T, and he'll be scared and I'll be scared and the river checks down and then it's lolzville. I'm sure you've seen the $20 pots that get shipped when 2 fish flop sets and check it to the river, for example.

[/ QUOTE ]
Couldn't be stated better.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:16 AM

All,

having seen Fgators lifetime graph now, I made a horrible mistake.

His green bar should be small and in the negative.

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I like how the 'Perfect' guy is asian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya but...

[ QUOTE ]
Preface: Before I begin, this is a serious post. I am commenting on what I feel is one of the most integral parts of poker, and am highlighting examples and detailing who is capable of what. For once and all it should put to bed all of the FGators madness, and people can move on with their lives. It is not meant to call out Fgators, it is a last-ditch attempt to explain to him, and everyone, why he had such a humongous breakeven stretch.

----------------------------------------------

Okay, I was napping 3 days ago and dreamed a visual representation of why people win at 200nl and why other "good" players do not. In an environment like 200nl which is condusive to a bunch of regs and not entirely loose fish, I had an easy way of explaining things visually.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-12-2007, 05:35 AM

As a microstakes player, I am bookmarking this thread for when I move up. Solid post.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:46 AM

I just noticed now that all of the stick figures have penises.

Are the penis lengths correlated to anything? What is the explanation for Lagtard's penis positioning?

Thanks, OP.