Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2006, 04:03 PM

Default Prop bets and their EV

What are some good +ev prop bets to make at the table? One of my favorite ones is playing you give me 5 bucks if there's a 2,3 or 4 on the flop and i'll give you 5 bucks if there isn't. Total +EV for me. How does red/black work, and is it +ev?
Old 03-11-2006, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Prop bets and their EV

haah I love that one
I did it all night at the stratosphere with this old guy who Liked to gamble. Then he wanted to take 234 so I said nah how about I take 3 different cards every hand. He asks before you get your cards? Ofccourse my ev is the same.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:30 PM

Just don't try starting the prop with A, K, Q as the three cards to be on the flop.
He might remember how often his JJ looks at one on the flop and decline the prop.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:02 PM

A couple I like...

1) I bet you a stack of [insert the dominate of the table] that I can stack without counting the chips out, to 20 chips just by feel. I never lose this one, and it is amazing how many people will take the bet.

2) Calling hands at showdown. You know the guy next to you will say something like "I bet he has a straight" and I take the bet and call the hand. I win more than I lose, and it is an excellent way to improve hand reading skills. Just becareful not to interfear with the hand in play.

3) In the room I play in there is pretty much an equal number of male and female dealers. So I will bet on rather the next dealer is a male or female. But frankly this is a stupid bet, as the push is clearly in sight of the tables I play on and it is easy to cheat.