Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Two preflop spots

Ok, so I am a NLHE player and want to learn Omaha (it's sort of an ongoing project that resumes whenever I run bad at NL). So there's the disclaimer.

Hand 1 $2/4 blinds: I am dealt 89TJds UTG+1. UTG ($180) opens to 14, I call, MP ($936, I cover) raises to 62, SB (covers) coldcalls, UTG calls. So sweet spot obviously but I am not quite sure what the most profitable course of action is, see a flop in a fairly awkward position acting before preflop reraiser or get it in with probably decent equity or a decent overlay. I chose to reraise, good, bad?

Hand 2 3/6 blinds: I am dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO ($741) opens 21 I (cover) reraises to 72. BB ($795) coldcalls, he seems decent. CO reraises to 270. Can I call here? Is the first reraise ok?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Two preflop spots

Hand 1: reraising the maximum its perfectly fine as long as you can get 80%+ of your stack in the pot and you dont mind the variance, calling is ok as well.

Hand 2: I dont like the reraise and prefer just coldcalling, fold to the 4-bet even though calling or pushing is not a major blunder.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Two preflop spots

Hand 1: you're in brilliant shape if both of them have high pairs but the shorty just called when he could get most of his stack in so it's unlikely he has one, unless it's kings, which he might fold to a 4bet. Your hand plays fantastically postflop so you're usually just best off to call and see what you can hit, it'll be a big pot so you're liable to get paid off as well. Repotting's not a big mistake though, I guess I do it partly for image reasons like 15%. Your relative position postflop is perfect as well, check pretty much everything you hit and trust that one of the two behind you will open the action for you.

Hand 2 I love seeing a flop with but you're in bad shape against AAxx and it's just too likely CO has it. If he's awful or very aggro or BB is a spewtard I can find a call but CO is likely to shove every flop so you've got to hit or call very thin. 3-betting your button with your hand is pretty standard, but if your value's in the blinds I just call a lot.