Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Another 100nl hand for erryone takin shots at it: AA on monotone flop

im about to go to dinner then i will post my thoughts on tha hand and we can go from there.

PS
i think a big chunk of villians range was an overpair which left out in gelfords ranges
Old 03-12-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Another 100nl hand for erryone takin shots at it: AA on monotone f

[ QUOTE ]
i think a big chunk of villians range was an overpair which left out in gelfords ranges

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, simply forgot to plot the pairs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Another 100nl hand for erryone takin shots at it: AA on monotone flop

insta-call hes a psycho
Old 03-12-2007, 07:47 PM

fold.

I'd call with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - but not without.

it's 50/50 he has a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - and any hand with a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is a 40/60 dog to our AA.

if he has a set we're a 10% dog

if he has JThx for the combo draw we're a 60/40 dog.

We are almost def ahead right now - but we aren't far ahead unless he's a complete moran with JTss or something like that - I'd put him on something along the lines of fd+gs and fold my 2% edge.

Obv if we have an edge here correct play is to call - but I'm a nit with 200BB and only one pair and no draw.

occasionally he has a flopped flush here as well and running into that would really suck.

(I'm guessing this is Absolute where you can buyin for 200BB)
Old 03-12-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We are almost def ahead right now - but we aren't far ahead unless he's a complete moran with JTss or something like that - I'd put him on something along the lines of fd+gs and fold my 2% edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matrix ... I usually cling on to every word you say, but here I find that you are giving bad advice.

If you have an edge however small as it may be then you gotta take it. Correct me if Im wrong, but especially against someone trying to run over the table, you cant let him

Or are you under the assumption, that if you let him, then he will push again into you when you got a boat or similar since you have shown yourself as weak making this an inverse +EV metaplay ?

I can't make sense of this [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matrix ... I usually cling on to every word you say, but here I find that you are giving bad advice.

If you have an edge however small as it may be then you gotta take it.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Obv if we have an edge here correct play is to call - but I'm a nit with 200BB and only one pair and no draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Correct me if Im wrong, but especially against someone trying to run over the table, you cant let him

Or are you under the assumption, that if you let him, then he will push again into you when you got a boat or similar since you have shown yourself as weak making this an inverse +EV metaplay ?

[/ QUOTE ]

something like that - tho I'm not waiting till I have a boat pair + good draw is plenty.

You're right - in that if we decide we have an edge - however small it is we should call - it's +EV if a little high variance.

I like letting people think they can push me around and then nailing them later when I think my edge is a little bigger than 1 or 2% - I'd take a 55/45 flip for 200BB in a heartbeat - but I think that this hand is super close and so I'd tend to fold here even if it's "correct" not to because I want lower variance.

If villain here is 3betting lots - lagging it up and generally trying to run over the table the I reckon for sure we are going to get better spots soon - it only takes one hand to stack a LAGmonkey and playing weak by folding here can only encourage this guy to make more bluffs - and more daring bluffs in the future.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If villain here is 3betting lots - lagging it up and generally trying to run over the table the I reckon for sure we are going to get better spots soon - it only takes one hand to stack a LAGmonkey and playing weak by folding here can only encourage this guy to make more bluffs - and more daring bluffs in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've experimented with this and not very fond of it .... you suddenly have to be dependent on villian betting your good hands, and while their are villians that will push everytime you check to them, this guy seems like a thinking player .... dunno, trouble is that I am a slagtard myself so ..
Old 03-12-2007, 08:25 PM

I'm pretty sure that this deep, I'd call with the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Also this deep, I'm pretty sure I'd fold and crank up my 3 and 4 betting on this villain in future hands with position and have a blast.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

playing weak by folding here can only encourage this guy to make more bluffs - and more daring bluffs in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've experimented with this and not very fond of it .... you suddenly have to be dependent on villian betting your good hands

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not so much that - if I peg some villain as a lagmonkey I'll make some very thin call downs with MPNK if I think he's full of it.

I'm not waiting for great hands and hoping LAG will bet them for me - I'm trying to read his hands and work out when I have a big enough edge to call his frequent pushes - if that makes sense.

If we fold here and villain persists in pushing "scary" flops we know for a fact that he's bluffing lots of the time. The more often he does it the thinner we can call down I think.

It's probably a style thing. I find it relatively easy to setup LAGdonks into donating stacks to me further down the line - I tend to play nitty and "weak" which probably helps this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2007, 08:37 PM

k im back from dinner and from gettin some medicine so here is my thought on this one while i was playin and then shortly afterwards...

Villian called my 3 bet but i have no guess as to whether he remembers me 3 betting him light from previous sessions. i had like 200ish hands on him but as i said this was my 2nd hand at the table so nothing really to go by there. my normal image is 19 14.5 3 but again i had been 3 betting him much more thus if he remembers he would think im looser then that. he was decent so i made the assumption that he at least had some idea that i had been 3 betting him lite before thus made his range a bit wider then an unknown but not super wide.

on the flop my thinking was that i dont have the Ace of hearts thus it is extremely possible that he is calling with this and also holding this card alone makes it a great spot to semi bluff with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]X which i am obv ahead of. i also decided another likely holding that he would possibly do this with was any over pair, and more exactly an overpair with a hear. again i am ahead. the other possible hand was a set. and obv im well behind this.

a flopped flush is rather unlikely given it is a reraised pot and the way he played the flop. i just cant see him shoving 200bbs with a flopped flush here. that just seems like over kill to me. thus i put that as i small part of his range.

so in conclusion i decided a call was good here given the board was so sick for a semibluff when i made my bet look like a cbet and the pot was already so big. at the time of the hand bonafone (a ship it holla balla) was sittin next to me and we talked it out and decided it was extremely close but prolly slightly +EV. after the sesh we talked about it a bit more and i now think it is a bit more then slightly +EV and that i have closer to 55-60% equity (based on i really think tha majority of his range was tha A of hearts and also an overpair with a heart) on the flop thus makin it a rather easy call.

lemme kno if u agree or disagree with this and wut u think of this logic