Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Libertarians
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-israeli stance more than the pro-palestinian one. 16 76.19%
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-palestinian stance more than the pro-israeli one. 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Re: My Campus is getting shot up.

[ QUOTE ]
New York Times, CNN say it's Cho Seung-Hui, a 23 yo Korean-American male.

For what it's worth, all of you who posted here were far more informative and insightful than the national news, especially those of you at VT (at least before this thread became a trainwreck). I love this place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cho Seung-Hui, a VA Tech senior
Old 04-17-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
from http://www.music.vt.edu/performance/...adership.shtml

[ QUOTE ]
Ryan “Stack” Clark is a senior from Augusta, Georgia and will complete both his biology and english degree this December. This is his fifth year in the Marching Virginians for whom he currently serves as personnel officer. Prior to this, Stack served the Marching Virginians for 2 years as co-librarian. Stack is also a member of Circle K and is a resident advisor in West Ambler Johnston. After graduating (December 2006), Stack intends to pursue a Ph.D. in psychology with a focus in cognitive neuroscience. Stack enjoys making t-shirts with his partner in crime, Kim Daniloski, and haggling with street vendors.

[/ QUOTE ]
wonder if he was the RA that tried to break up the initial fight with the GF

[/ QUOTE ]

Supposedly that is the case.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:22 AM

BarretBoy was friends with him.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BarretBoy was friends with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're posting tons of incessant BS.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
death, taxes, and being glad i'm not in america...

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut the [censored] up, seriously
Old 04-17-2007, 10:36 AM

Old 04-17-2007, 10:45 AM

sorry, already posted above
Old 04-17-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Really sad to hear of this. Sadly enough, my first thought too was, "how many dead"? This type of [censored] is far far far too commonplace.

On the topic of gun control, and only because it has been mentioned in this thread:

I'm a 25 year old guy from East Texas. As some of you may or may not know, it is both a generalization and a fact that Texans love their guns. I do. I now live in Southern California, and I can honestly say that THE hardest thing about living out here is not carrying my pistol with me everywhere I go.

The idea that people cannot control themselves in the presence of weapons is just so stupid, I can't stand it.

It goes like this......you shoot first, I shoot last.

All I'm saying is this.....it only took ONE of those victims in ONE of those classrooms to pull his .45 and go to work. No one did. No one could.

We can all mourn the lost, and we all should. My question will always be.....why could no one defend themselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have a faith in the general public that is way out of wack. I know many people who own handguns who have them for "security". Many of them have never fired the gun but I don't doubt they would try if they felt threatened. People "trying" to use a gun and people who know how to use a gun is a huge difference. Here's a scenario for you :

Let's say that students in that classroom were packing. The gunman goes in, he's going to get off a few rounds before someone can draw and shoot him. So now you have multiple gunshots going on in the school. Obviously a heavy police presence is going to come, plus there's going to be all those other people packing who now have a false sense of security trying to help out fellow man. This hall is now over run with people carrying guns and willing to use it because of the fear that someone is going to shoot them. Only the few in the classroom will know the truth that the lone gunman has been subdued.

You really think everything would be peachy then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, anyone without a uniform who jumps out of a classroom pointing a gun around in this situation will get popped by another vigilante. How can you distinguish between the killer and another student like yourself?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:53 AM

Training and planting random professors to use weapons (like air marshals) can't possibly be that bad of an idea.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Training and planting random professors to use weapons (like air marshals) can't possibly be that bad of an idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, this is a good idea, the question is just how easy it is to train a dweeb to be able to fire first...