Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which avatar to use...
They both suck get a new one 11 44.00%
South Park 10 40.00%
Eric Molina 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Cigar Thread

i recently moved from Indy to Cali and cannot get good cubans out here....does any know where i can get a box of Partagas #4 serie D? I only smoke stuff from Habana and im about to go crazy here.

Indy
Old 10-17-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I recently moved to providence for college so not sure about the humidity levels here. Those look pretty nice. Rick thanks for all the help, my usual cigar is a white owl from 7/11 with my friends but I wanna move up in the world of cigars

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm from Newport/Middletown Rhode Island although I never smoked a cigar there. My experience is that the relative humidity is close to the level you need so your humidor probably won't be stressed too hard.

People who live in places like New Orleans or Florida need their humidor to keep humidity out while a place such as Las Vegas would stress the humidity device. The various cigar sites have good info on the techniques to get it right. I'd link but I'm multi-tabling donkaments [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

While in Providence hope you get a chance to check out Havens Brothers diner late at night along with the various NY System Hot Weiner joints. Lots of good music clubs in Providence too. Nice little city; enjoy it!

~ Rick
Old 10-17-2007, 01:06 AM

I am originally from outside of Boston and have found Providence to be a very manageable and a good first city to live in. At alot of the bars around campus you can turn 21 early which is nice and i will definitely check out Havens Brothers diner after a few cold ones./hijack sorry el d
edited to include: I have already eaten there and the food was delicious but a bit overpriced. I was in the area at an 18+ bar that serves everyone, what a nice concept!
Old 10-17-2007, 03:41 PM

Can someone please tell me the benefits of smoking a cigar? I may be smoking it wrong, however the only thing I get out of smoking is actually tasting tobacco. If I inhale even a little I start to feel like crap. I smoke cigarettes occasionally and at least get a buzz off them. Whats the big enjoyment from cigars?
Old 10-17-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, I just ordered 20 "cohibas" at a cost of $28 + shipping. of course I'm such a noob I won't be able to give a good trip report on how they compare. But I'll at least report on if I enjoyed them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't like these fakes at all, tasted bitter and they didn't draw very good at all.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:25 PM

Rick, this question might seem strange to ask but you seem to know a lot about Cigars and maybe you know. When applying for life insurance when they ask if you smoked any tobacco products in the last year how bad does it hurt your rates if you admit to say 5 cigars a week?

Or anyone else who may know.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rick, this question might seem strange to ask but you seem to know a lot about Cigars and maybe you know. When applying for life insurance when they ask if you smoked any tobacco products in the last year how bad does it hurt your rates if you admit to say 5 cigars a week?

Or anyone else who may know.

[/ QUOTE ]

same as smoking 5 pax a day. the tobacco nazis make no distinctions.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:47 AM

just ordered some of the JR Alternative Hemingway Signature cigars. i'll be sure to give input when i receive them.

really looking to get some authentic cubans though. how do you think the best way to go about this is? aside from websites that sell boxes...
Old 10-18-2007, 07:44 AM

So what are the ramifications for my friend (not me) of course, if he lied on the form and said he didn't smoke to get the lower rate?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just ordered some of the JR Alternative Hemingway Signature cigars. i'll be sure to give input when i receive them.

really looking to get some authentic cubans though. how do you think the best way to go about this is? aside from websites that sell boxes...

[/ QUOTE ]

There's at least one good website that seems reliable (I got it from a 2+2er and had good results). PM me if you want it. But aside from that, you could sneak some back next time you go on vacation in the Carribean. I did this once and although it was a little nerve wracking it was pretty easy.