Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Prop bet thread

[ QUOTE ]
I have a bet me and my cousin might do.

We play 2 rounds of golf back to back. He has to walk and carry a full set of clubs and I'm in a cart only allowed to play with 3 clubs(of my choosing before we start). I also pick the golf course.

I usually play lower 90s and he's more like upper 90s.
He's offering 2 to 1 on the bet.

Pretty sure it's a bad bet to take for me but this sounds pretty fun and I feel like gambling.

Couple of questions about the bet...
What 3 clubs should I use?
First thing that came to mind for me was: 7iron, PW and putter.

What golf course? Should I go for a very hard couse to walk with a bunch of hills or should I try to find a shorter course that doesn't play the driver a lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

how you score who wins this could make a significant difference I think
Old 07-25-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i am willing to make the following bet if anyone is interested. not that it matters to the person who might accept the bet, but i've never done this nor tried it, and i train pretty much the exact opposite.

bench press my body weight 300 times in one day, even money.

bench press my body weight 500 times in one day with odds.

to be performed in either dallas or LV for substantial dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats your bw? I think Id be willing to give you 1.5:1 500 times in 24 hours, no shirt, bench press, not competition style, for up to 5k.

[/ QUOTE ]

why does shirt/no shirt make a difference?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Should I go for a very hard couse to walk with a bunch of hills or should I try to find a shorter course that doesn't play the driver a lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

how are you handicapping the benefit of taking a cart? at most courses, I would just assume walk as it helps me get in a groove, judge distances, etc.

the exception would be newer courses that are made for carts - those with 150 yards between lots of holes for instance. on those courses it would be a big disadvantage to walk.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're both pretty lazy and out of shape. A cart for 36 holes makes a pretty big diffference for me.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd take a 3W, 7i and SW. Although most people don't believe it, your 3W goes nearly as far as your 1W. You can putt with the blade of your 7i or SW, whichever has a flatter sole. It's not nearly as hard as you think it is. Just practice it for like 5 minutes before the round.

I often play with a "Sunday bag" in which I carry only about 5-6 clubs. At your skill level (mine is similar), you'll be surprised at how little your game is affected by having half of your clubs missing. For mid/high handicappers, our iron distances are so inconsistent that we are kidding ourselves to think that we really NEED the 6i instead of the 5i. In some cases, it simplifies your decision-making to the point that you'll stop trying to get cute and just hit the shot. Plus, you'll get very comfortable hitting shots with your SW (or whatever your shortest club is) and by the end of the round you should be very confident with it.

Take the bet. Choose a hilly course with long walks between holes. You'll do well.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much my reasoning for wanting the bet.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

We play 2 rounds of golf back to back. He has to walk and carry a full set of clubs and I'm in a cart only allowed to play with 3 clubs(of my choosing before we start). I also pick the golf course.

Pretty sure it's a bad bet to take for me but this sounds pretty fun and I feel like gambling.

What golf course? Should I go for a very hard couse to walk with a bunch of hills or should I try to find a shorter course that doesn't play the driver a lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What ?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I wanna see somebody do 3 chipotle burritos in 15 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure my brother or one of his friends tried this. Didn't finish, ended up puking all over chipotle table and getting kicked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was 3 in 30 and he puked all over the floor. Chipotle gave him 2 free burrito coupons and a t-shirt. They tried to get him to stop when he was halfway through the 3rd. Couldn't stuff down 2 more bites to finish...pussy.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:54 PM

I have the following bets working:

A double or nothing that I get to 225 lbs by August 12th with El D and Larry David. I think Larry has 170 on the line and El D has like 85.

A bet with KyleB that I'll have lost more weight than he has (I have to lose 1.25 to his 1 lb) by Sep 1st.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:56 PM

I bet a friend that I could eat KFC twice a day for a week and not put weight on (I had to eat the same 5 piece box for each meal with chips and a drink of my choice)
Ended up weighing less after the week due to amazing work out schedule, but it really put me off KFC
+£250 bo!
-£60 or so on KFCs
Old 07-25-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What ?

[/ QUOTE ]

basically, is the winner determined by lowest number of strokes on all 36 holes? who wins the most holes? etc. your goal would probably be to use a scheme that would make it easy for you to tie him after 36 holes and force multiple playoffs.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i am willing to make the following bet if anyone is interested. not that it matters to the person who might accept the bet, but i've never done this nor tried it, and i train pretty much the exact opposite.

bench press my body weight 300 times in one day, even money.

bench press my body weight 500 times in one day with odds.

to be performed in either dallas or LV for substantial dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats your bw? I think Id be willing to give you 1.5:1 500 times in 24 hours, no shirt, bench press, not competition style, for up to 5k.

[/ QUOTE ]

why does shirt/no shirt make a difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

bench shirt, not t-shirt. a bench shirt helps powerlifters lift more weight.