Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 12:48 PM

Default 3bet against Agro Villain is this +EV?

Villain is Salaro. I have him at 24/20/10. Havent played any hands with him this session yet, but in the past I found him to be extremely agressive, and 3bets quite often out of blinds.

Hand #1
Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com"]http://www.deucescracked.com/]DeucesCracked.com[/url][/url]
Button: $228.20
SB: $220.50
BB: $200.00
UTG: $197.00
MP: $191.00
CO: $198.00
Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $7</font>, Button folds, <font color="#FF0000">BB raises to $25</font>, Hero calls $18.
Flop: ($51.00) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">BB bets $34</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $173 (all in)
Old 11-20-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: 3bet against Agro Villain is this +EV?

well, your plan was to call preflop and make moves on the flop, right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] so this is ok for sure although the drawy texture of the board might make him call down lighter than normally (less than tp)
Old 11-20-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: 3bet against Agro Villain is this +EV?

I wasnt planning to make moves, in the sense I would not have pushed with complete air. But I did plan to get it in very light, any draw and any pair. I agree the texture is bad because I look like I am on a draw. The reason why I say I am not making a move, is I interpret a move as a bluff. I dont think I am bluffing here. I dont see any hand he folds that is better. To me its more of a case of widing my range to accomadate his wide range and 100% cbet frequency in 3bet pots. Is this line of reasoning good in this spot?