Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 12:44 AM

Default general PF raiseing question

What i see happening alot of the time is say when im on the button with qj suited or some kind of suited connector and there are like 2 limpers in front of me i tend to limp along with them but if for example 1 limper of something or no limpers i raise everytime. my question is, is it correct to fold in that situation 6handed limp or raise because what i find happening when i raise the button full of limpers is like atleast 2 call everytime and i dont connect on the flop most of the time and i end up folding.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: general PF raiseing question

This is at 5nl by the way
Old 11-10-2007, 01:47 AM

both limping and raising here is profitable IMO ,,,when to raise pf really depends how often villains would fold postflop to a cbet and to the initial pf raise...also stack sizes are important etc.. ...
Old 11-10-2007, 05:26 AM

in 6 max if i play a hand and it hasnt been raised yet im almost always opening it unless i'm in the blinds. thus in ur situation id definitely open QJs it's quite a no brainer. the only times i limp behind 6max are when 1) the opponent who limped is really short and i don't wanna take odds away for a small pocket pair and 2) weak suited aces - these are good because in limped pots you're more likely to have other suited connectors in there so if you make the nut flush you're likely to get action AND be ahead whereas Axs in a raised pot is very weak if you're getting action postflop