Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Jermain Taylor vs. Kell Pavlik 9-29

gotta love Kelly Pavlik. Pavlik Miranda was a great fight. I never expected Kelly to KO Miranda. He beat the crap out of Miranda who at the time was the baddest mofo coming up thru the middleweight ranks. Taylor is not a fighter I dislike either. I've just found his last few fights dreadfully boring.

Will Emanuelle Stewart and 8 weeks training up in the Poconos be enough to really change the mindset/drive/energy of Taylor. I dont think so ..I'm really looking forward to this fight tonite.

Pavlick by KO
Old 09-29-2007, 07:13 PM

This line has moved like 35 points today after sitting at +110/115 forever. Did something strange happen with Pavlik at the weighin or was there some kind of injury made public in the last couple of days? I've done a cursory search and I can't find anything.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:40 PM

It is quite common for late money to go on the champion. Nothing has happened to Pavlik. If you are betting on Pavlik take advantage of the situation and hold off your bet.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is quite common for late money to go on the champion. Nothing has happened to Pavlik. If you are betting on Pavlik take advantage of the situation and hold off your bet.

[/ QUOTE ] Considering Jermain's last 4 fights went the distance I did the prop bets on the distance and greater than 11.5 rounds. I'm not sure about the KO from either of these guys. Think its going to be a great fight. I think Jermain will pull through. If Jermain wins, nobody can say that he ran from any competition.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Considering Jermain's last 4 fights went the distance I did the prop bets on the distance and greater than 11.5 rounds. I'm not sure about the KO from either of these guys. Think its going to be a great fight. I think Jermain will pull through. If Jermain wins, nobody can say that he ran from any competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason I'm scared of that bet is because Taylor was fighting fighters that he MOST LIKELY would go the distance against, Hopkins, Wright, Ouma and Spinks had been stopped only a combined one time ( I believe that is right, my computer is going so slow, can't check right now, but I know Spinks was stopped by Judah) Looking at their record, when my internet was working well, I see that Taylor has KO'ed just about every fighter he should have, meaning fighters who aren't hit and run fighters. Pavlik will be there to hit. With that, I believe Taylor's trainer will employ a jab and grab style for Taylor, and it very well could go the distance. Another thing that should be considered is how many smaller men Taylor has fought. That could be coincidence, but it could also be because camp Taylor has concerns for their champs chin. I am so torn on this fight, I usually have an idea.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:10 PM

just got a call from 2 different friends who seperately went to atlantic city for this fight from youngstown, and they told me the atmosphere is electric for kelly...i realize this isn't a huge edge, and the fans won't beat an undefeated champion, but it will help in the middle rounds i imagine..

go pavlik!

when he wins tonight, my girlfriend, brother and his wife are all headed to bw-3's in downtown youngstown..should be a great night for this area...if pavlik knocks him out, the city will explode!
Old 09-29-2007, 09:25 PM

Bodog has a prop for fight going the distance at +120 which seems decent if anyone was leaning that way.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:26 PM

I was actually supposed to cover this fight. I covered Gatti's last fight during the summer, sad ending for a great. I backed out of this one due to headaches I've been getting, which I since found out are just migraines. Damn I wish I were there tonight.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:41 PM

interesting props on bodog...some seem off...one that i bet was less than 3 points difference on lederman's scorecard after 3 rounds...

something i thought was off...

'fight won't go distance' is -160, but 'fight won't go 1:30 of 11th round' is only -115...is there really that much of a chance someone gets knocked out in the last minute and a half??

the opposite side of that is 'goes distance' at +120, and 'goes 1:30 of 11th round' is -125...

really?
Old 09-30-2007, 12:08 AM

Wow what a fight