Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: LA area Kevin Smith fans...

[ QUOTE ]
It's a little annoying that you have to buy $200 of comic books/other merchandise up front, *then* pay the $200 tourney fee. I have no use for comic books and would have to resell them on ebay.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's solely a legal issue. I'm not into comics at all, but a kid I went to high school with owns a comic store in town, so I just gave them to him and he said they were worth about $900 retail.

[ QUOTE ]
So the price this year the same as last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes
Old 09-28-2007, 10:55 AM

C U there.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a little annoying that you have to buy $200 of comic books/other merchandise up front, *then* pay the $200 tourney fee. I have no use for comic books and would have to resell them on ebay.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's solely a legal issue. I'm not into comics at all, but a kid I went to high school with owns a comic store in town, so I just gave them to him and he said they were worth about $900 retail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? How is this a legal issue? I'd like to know where it is written that players must purchase items of value equal to the buy-in amount of a tournament first before being allowed to play.

This is just Kevin trying to extract more money out of those interested in playing with him. Nothing wrong with that. Hell, Kevin would sell his own sh&6 if he could figure out how to put an autograph on it.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to know where it is written that players must purchase items of value equal to the buy-in amount of a tournament first before being allowed to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Literally right on the invitation. And it's not equal, the $200 you spend in items are worth almost 4.5 times the amount paid.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:16 PM

Bump. Where's the damn gossip from this thing?
Old 10-13-2007, 09:47 PM

i know exactly where this is. i even passed by it and i doubt it was anything more than a home game where the most people lost was a few hundred.

im surprised that it wasnt even shut down by the cops as the place a few stores down from them used to be a backroom card club that was raided after the fire department alerted the police to the amount of people playing cards in the backroom of the business.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:38 PM

FYI, the West Coast Stash store is closed (or will be closing for good real soon)
Old 10-16-2007, 02:11 PM

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...endID=63831867

Not that interesting but Smith's myspace blog has a pic of the winners.