Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Will somebody tell me what the PPA has accomplished?

I was just at the PPA website and they have a real time chat setup to talk with them. Any questions you may have I'm sure the person there right now will be happy to try and answer them. http://pokerplayersalliance.wordpress.com/
Old 01-17-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
va1halla: ok, what are they doing?
Anything?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well Besides the website the PPA has I have seen them or read about them on plenty of media outlets to know they're atleast trying to do something, and I know they have made contributions to some politicians, and They claim to have lobbyists in Washington, Which I guess we'll have to trust them on that one for now.

I'm not saying they are the best organization to represent online poker players, but they are the only ones and the best chance we have at this point and time. The PPA is only 2 yrs old I believe and it takes time to build something like this up. There are way too many people who bad mouth them so others don't join which hurts our cause far more than you can imagine.

Make up your own mind, but I joined them long ago and would again, it's not like we have options here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, the PPA President is not even willing to come here and defend his organiztion to the very people who he supposedly represents... the very people who have the financial resources, the desire to help, and the connections that the organization needs...

This speaks DIRECTLY to the credibility of the PPA... which at this point, is a big 0
Old 01-17-2007, 02:31 PM

All I can see is a bunch of press releases and a fancy website. Anyone can do that.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anything?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well Besides the website the PPA has I have seen them or read about them on plenty of media outlets to know they're atleast trying to do something, and I know they have made contributions to some politicians, and They claim to have lobbyists in Washington, Which I guess we'll have to trust them on that one for now.

I'm not saying they are the best organization to represent online poker players, but they are the only ones and the best chance we have at this point and time. The PPA is only 2 yrs old I believe and it takes time to build something like this up. There are way too many people who bad mouth them so others don't join which hurts our cause far more than you can imagine.

Make up your own mind, but I joined them long ago and would again, it's not like we have options here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, the PPA President is not even willing to come here and defend his organiztion to the very people who he supposedly represents... the very people who have the financial resources, the desire to help, and the connections that the organization needs...

This speaks DIRECTLY to the credibility of the PPA... which at this point, is a big 0

[/ QUOTE ]

Who contacted him? What did they say? Is their response posted somewhere?

If this is the case, then obviously a new organization must be formed.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it is troubling that Micheal doesn't post on here more. I was just on the PPA website and spoke with the person running the real time chat and told him that I thought Micheal should post on 2 plus 2 more, needless to say, he didn't really comment on this, he just said they would be starting a blog soon. unfortunatly, I think the reason he doesn't post on here is because he gets ridiculed every time he does.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree that it is troubling that Micheal doesn't post on here more. I was just on the PPA website and spoke with the person running the real time chat and told him that I thought Micheal should post on 2 plus 2 more, needless to say, he didn't really comment on this, he just said they would be starting a blog soon. unfortunatly, I think the reason he doesn't post on here is because he gets ridiculed every time he does.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a reason for this fellas, trust me on this one.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All I can see is a bunch of press releases and a fancy website. Anyone can do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone can do that then where are your press releases and website and media interviews ?
Old 01-17-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone can do that then where are your press releases and website and media interviews ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not defending the PPA for the sake of defending the PPA. I'm defending the PPA because I think it's the only option we the poker players have at this time. I'm not naive and do believe questions need to and should be answered, but the PPA is the only entity doing anything at all. If anyone can come up with a better option it would be nice of them to speak up now.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:38 PM

But, as far as most of us can see, no one, including the PPA, is doing anything. As far as I can tell, PPA is so far a T-Shirt and Press Release factory.

I could make a website and release press releases all day long, but I don't currently have anything to say other than "This whole situation is stupid, and we need to figure out the best way to change it."

I see it's got an endorsement from Raymer, and Ferguson, and Lederer, but other than "PPA responds to legislation", -is anything happening?-

Granted, I see they have a "BLOG AND FORUM" link that looks to be new in the last week or two, and I haven't visited that, but I don't see anything going on in here.

I know that I signed up on this site because there were respected pros that read here, but I haven't seen any of them weigh in on anything in a while. I know a few of them have some legal backgrounds, and would hope that they would contribute some opinions as to what is going on, and what the best course of action would be. I know never to trust a poker player at a table ,but away from a table they generally are pretty trustworthy people [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] So, having a few that have legal backgrounds would be especially helpful in forming opinions and such. All I can go on personally is my rudimentary legal knowledge, which only comes from having an understanding of all the words used (i say that that even counts because there are lots of people that read an official lawyer document, and can't make heads or tails out of any of it's meaning)

It can't possibly hurt us to form another organization with the same goal. And if PPA actually is doing something worthwhile behind the scenes, then everyone can work together.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:00 PM

Sigh. This PPA discussion has been beaten to death by the regulars at this forum. The last word we received - I believe in the past 4-6 weeks - was that the PPA president and his attorneys were working on some kind of detailed response to the 2+2 letter. They made no representation when this ressponse would come, but stressed that it would take some time.

My reaction was to wait and see what the PPA would produce. With each passing week, there is more and more reason to doubt that a satisfactory response will ever be forthcoming. But I am willing to give them a little more time before I dismiss that posssibility altogether.

If another month passes with no word, my patience will have run out.