Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 05:40 AM

Default Re: ($24) JJ early, Call this down?

[ QUOTE ]
shove really? the only hand that we beat i could see villain playing this way is TT i dont think we have any FE here either altho i dont really like calling either and possibly getting it multiway. i think i probably play it same as hero. and expect to see QQ AA AK alot

[/ QUOTE ]

do you know what 39/17 means?
Old 05-04-2007, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shove really? the only hand that we beat i could see villain playing this way is TT i dont think we have any FE here either altho i dont really like calling either and possibly getting it multiway. i think i probably play it same as hero. and expect to see QQ AA AK alot

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but I don't understand what it means, could you give me some explanation or point me to some source about that stats?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but I don't understand what it means, could you give me some explanation or point me to some source about that stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are PokerTracker stats. Translation:
39: He as voluntarily put money in the pot 39% of the time (this is quite loose)
17: He has raised 17% of his hands. This is a lot for this stage in the tournament.
inf: He is infinitely aggressive. (I don't quite know what this means, but it sounds like a lot.)

In any case, the point is that the villain is raising a lot of hands that hero has crushed. (This is great news.) He's also calls a lot. (Which is even better news.) Against this kind of villain, hero can push and get called by worse hands.

If the villain were a nit, hero would be in a much more difficult position, and pushing would probably be a bad idea, as he would he hoping for a coinflip, and would often be disappointed.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:52 AM

7 handed and MP looks pretty active. So, yeah, shoving is better.

Calling isn't HORRIBLE here, the only problem I have with it is UTG is going to come in and any overs are going to scare you. Against this opponent though, 7 handed, I think shoving is better.