Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2006, 12:53 AM

Default O\'Reilly on Kerry\'s \'08 chances

O'Reilly just interviewed some guy who was Howard Dean's campaign manager at some point and is a Democratic strategist. O'Reilly asked him if Kerry's latest gaffe will doom his '08 bid. Guest starts to explain why the answer is "no". O'Reilly cuts him off and says (and I'm paraphrasing), that basically Kerry has no shot. I sure hope O'Reilly is right. If I'm a Republican, the best thing that could happen for my party is if the Dems nominate an unelectable candidate like Kerry.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:03 AM

Default Re: O\'Reilly on Kerry\'s \'08 chances

Kerry never had a shot before this, and his zero chance shot is still exactly that.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
O'Reilly just interviewed some guy who was Howard Dean's campaign manager at some point and is a Democratic strategist. O'Reilly asked him if Kerry's latest gaffe will doom his '08 bid. Guest starts to explain why the answer is "no". O'Reilly cuts him off and says (and I'm paraphrasing), that basically Kerry has no shot. I sure hope O'Reilly is right. If I'm a Republican, the best thing that could happen for my party is if the Dems nominate an unelectable candidate like Kerry.

[/ QUOTE ]
So who does Kerry’s gaffe help the most? Hilary? Any chance for Obama? What about Gore? Will Kerry’s gaffe screw all democrats and help republicans? Or is this a no-big-deal for everyone else thing?
Old 11-02-2006, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kerry never had a shot before this, and his zero chance shot is still exactly that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-02-2006, 03:12 AM

First, Kerry never had a chance at '08.

Second, he is electable. No one has ever come as close to beating a sitting President during a war as him. Nowhere near as close. A Bush vs. Kerry poll done a couple months ago showed him trouncing Bush by like 12 points.

There are more electable people in the Democratic Party though- including Hillary.

The really big question in 08 is who the Republicans nominate. So far no credible social conservative has really shown up.

Lastly

[ QUOTE ]
O'Reilly asked him if Kerry's latest gaffe will doom his '08 bid. Guest starts to explain why the answer is "no". O'Reilly cuts him off and says (and I'm paraphrasing), that basically Kerry has no shot. I sure hope O'Reilly is right.

[/ QUOTE ]They're both right.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:10 AM

Old 11-02-2006, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A Bush vs. Kerry poll done a couple months ago showed him trouncing Bush by like 12 points.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think says more about Bush than Kerry. a St. Bernard likely would poll better than Bush at this point.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A Bush vs. Kerry poll done a couple months ago showed him trouncing Bush by like 12 points.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think says more about Bush than Kerry. a St. Bernard likely would poll better than Bush at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd trust a St. Bernard to make better decisions at this point.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]It says something about both of them. Having national name recognition is a huge plus because it means you can spend nearly all your money focusing on your opponents flaws rather than introducing yourself to the country. That's what Clinton did in 96. Before anyone really knew who Dole was, they knew he was for pollution. That's also why political experts like Dick Morris say Hillary is so dangerous, while joe schmoe says she's too divisive to be elected.

Against McCain or Giuliani Kerry wouldn't be electable, but against most anyone else he would be. Not that it matters.

In other news a new CNN poll just came out showing Obama jumping into second place, and drawing 10 percentage points away from Hillary.