Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2006, 01:46 PM

Default So what Mods are actually good at poker?

In a recent post, dids said he doesn't play poker very much anymore, which I find kind of odd since this is a poker forum group, which has obviously turned into an all topics group also. But then I started thinking, what Mods here actually win $$$ playing poker, or even play at all? I'll go with just the ones I am somewhat familiar with, and go from there. Please feel free to correct any I am not well versed on, and add your own. I am just going off the bits I see from here, and I'm sure I miss alot.

Citanul- Good $$$ at SNG, currently working on improving his NL $$$ game, doing fine at mid stakes.

Durron- Beating mid stakes SNG's, I believe.

Dynasty- Learning NL at low limits live last I heard. Used to do very well 20/40-40/80, then bills, variance, and the bad players either going to NL or starting there, drying up the limit games' profitability, crippled his bankroll.

AZK- I guess he does ok at 3/6 and 5/10 NL, not positive. He seems to be struggling a bit with some of the more basic finer points.

Yeti- I assume he wins handily from the tenor of his posts, but he rarely posts his own hands, (ever?) and I have no idea the stakes he plays. Did well in at least one WSOP event.

Schnieds- Pretty bad. Only makes 3bb/100.

FeliciaLee- Mainly a live player, I guess. Usually plays non-holdem games it seems, no idea of results though. Ted forrest thinks she's very good though, which is good enough for me.

Dids- Doesn't play much anymore. Likely didn't win much, if at all.

FSUplayer- Seems to be a pretty good player, with good analysis skills. No idea stakes he plays or results though.

Big Jim- Talks a good game, rarely posts his own hands also. Likely winner, but hard to tell, as I haven't seen any talk of stakes, etc. I'd guess he wins decently though.

and in the interest of fair play;

Daliman-Solid winning NL holdem player, mostly 5/10 and 10/20, converted from top SNG player. Terrible at limit, used to be good. Ok at other games, but pretty ABC at them. Good at MTT's, but doesn't have the patience to play them consistently. Crabs in chat too much, but is getting better about it, helped largely by the move from SNG's to $$$ games. Constantly underrolled for whatever he is currently playing, but excellent game selection skills and tightish play postflop help keep downswings very small in comparison to most comparable winners in his games,(which may be hurting his overall win rate.)
Old 09-03-2006, 01:55 PM

Default Re: So what Mods are actually good at poker?

All the MTTF mods are solid winners at MTTs.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:02 PM

You could add Bluefeet from STTF, or Tigerite although he never seems to post hands or play.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:18 PM

Dali,

FWIW I was a solid winner when I played allbeit infrequently, but thanks for your expert guess. I've actually made several posts about why I didn't play that much if you cared to look back.

It's kinda awesome you made this thread, and included all the mods you know to be winners, and ignored all the other mods like myself, who don't play that much.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dali,

FWIW I was a solid winner when I played allbeit infrequently, but thanks for your expert guess. I've actually made several posts about why I didn't play that much if you cared to look back.

It's kinda awesome you made this thread, and included all the mods you know to be winners, and ignored all the other mods like myself, who don't play that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I don't care to look back. While the impetus of this post, you just don't mean that much to me. It's just hard for me to understand people that win solidly at poker that decide not to play much anymore, yet participate in a high capacity in a poker forum.

I included all the mods I know anything about, as I stated in the OP. This is an odd statements, however;

[ QUOTE ]
It's kinda awesome you made this thread, and included all the mods you know to be winners, and ignored all the other mods like myself , who don't play that much.

[/ QUOTE ]
considering I included you.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:38 PM

I can't believe this thread hasn't been locked and Daliman banned. LOL
Old 09-03-2006, 02:50 PM

What about [censored]?
Old 09-03-2006, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe this thread hasn't been locked and Daliman banned. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

For what reasons?
Old 09-03-2006, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know nothing of his game. Please elaborate.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:53 PM

i played with w. deranged (small stakes holdem mod) in nyc a lot last summer and he's a very good small to mid stakes limit holdem player.