Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
I dont get this. Am I the only one who thinks that this consultant/rogue programmer sounds reasonable. Of course it is possible that somebody (scott) has been with him.

but there is two reasons why this has been technical person:

1. Having the possibility to see opponent hole cards requires for sure a very deep technical skills. And some random manager normally doesnt have these skills.

2. Why cheater played so that cheating was so easily detectable? I can't really imagine any other reason that hacker wanted to show his skills to others. This is very common and normal hacker behaviour.

So because of these reasons, this sounds true but never know. There has been so many lies.

[/ QUOTE ]

1: It takes a technical person to create a superuser account, not to use one.

2: Just an idiot.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:24 PM

From the ap website

'Hackers

Absolute Poker is secure in the transfer of any information between its players and our Absolute servers. We utilize the internationally accepted industry standard SSLv3/TLSv1 encryption algorithm to protect your information as it transfers between our client application running on your computer and our servers. So whether it is credit card, your name, password, your cards, your personal address and any other private information is protected. Player cards are sent directly and exclusively to the individual player's computer without ever being susceptible of being hacked. Also no other computer playing at your table can see your face down cards. This security is the best available and prevents any hacking and ultimately collusion to take place.'
Old 10-21-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone come up with an actual amount of stolen money? A lot of different figures have been thrown around, but I haven't seen anything really solid

[/ QUOTE ]got to be a few million in total?? your obv very good at poker will it be really that bad to have to play on other sites?? like you said you have won 500k in a year already.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not so much there are terrible players on AP (although there definitely is), its more the 200bb buyin puts a lot more emphasis on postflop play. A lot of good players aren't used to how much flexibility the buy in gives you.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:26 PM

Whatever happened to the popcorn scandal?
Old 10-21-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah that isn't meant to be personal or anything, just that the same logic that is going to bring you back is the same logic that AP uses to avoid giving us the truth on this issue as much as possible.

We need to keep the heat on them. Unfortunately, if Nat and Serge are getting too busy and this is taking up too much of their time, we'd have to find people equally as intelligent, dedicated, diligent, trustworthy, and connected. Tough spot.

[/ QUOTE ]players who accept any bribes offered by AP to tempt them back there are doing poker a disservice (sp). poker was getting reasonably accepted and doing quite well. all this is gonna give people the view that nothing has changed much since riverboats and the wild west days. WE MUST NOT GIVE IN TO THEM! [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever happened to the popcorn scandal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Strippers need love too.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:31 PM

ikestoys i`m just curious, if you were in aj greens seat at absolute would you use the superuser acct? just asking because i`m sure if you were a bit smater than he was (which i`m sure you would claim to be) i`m sure that it would be a simple ev equation, which is all that really matters to you eh.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From the ap website

'Hackers

Absolute Poker is secure in the transfer of any information between its players and our Absolute servers. We utilize the internationally accepted industry standard SSLv3/TLSv1 encryption algorithm to protect your information as it transfers between our client application running on your computer and our servers. So whether it is credit card, your name, password, your cards, your personal address and any other private information is protected. Player cards are sent directly and exclusively to the individual player's computer without ever being susceptible of being hacked. Also no other computer playing at your table can see your face down cards. This security is the best available and prevents any hacking and ultimately collusion to take place.'

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I guess that's that.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ikestoys i`m just curious, if you were in aj greens seat at absolute would you use the superuser acct? just asking because i`m sure if you were a bit smater than he was (which i`m sure you would claim to be) i`m sure that it would be a simple ev equation, which is all that really matters to you eh.

[/ QUOTE ]
The proper answer to that is to not be playing at all on AP.

(If you are an employee and esp if you are in management)
Old 10-21-2007, 05:36 PM

Anyone interested in seeing what AJ Green aka AJ aka Allan J. Grimard looks like?

Link to picture.....

AJ Green AKA AJ AKA Allan Grimard

This was taken at the Hilts wedding.....

Sorry, jpeg isn't showing in my preview.....
Closed Thread