Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2006, 01:59 PM

Default Re: GOP OVERPLAYED HAND WITH GAMBLING BILL

Anyone who votes against the republicans because of this bill is an absolute moron. My God do you have any idea how much rides on this election? I LOVE poker, just like everyone here. But I'd rather have lower taxes, feel safe, not have San Francisco views put on me, fight terrorism and have a robust economy, than play online poker. I live in the middle of nowhere West Virginia and even I can find a cash game or tournament every day of the week, sometimes multiple games.

Yeah the ban sucks, but there are WAY more important things on the line than online gambling. Also, I didn't see very many, if any, Dems voting against this or fighting it.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not have San Francisco views put on me

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously dude, you need to stop listening to Fox News.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who votes against the republicans because of this bill is an absolute moron. My God do you have any idea how much rides on this election? I LOVE poker, just like everyone here. But I'd rather have lower taxes, feel safe, not have San Francisco views put on me, fight terrorism and have a robust economy, than play online poker. I live in the middle of nowhere West Virginia and even I can find a cash game or tournament every day of the week, sometimes multiple games.

Yeah the ban sucks, but there are WAY more important things on the line than online gambling. Also, I didn't see very many, if any, Dems voting against this or fighting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This bill is not the only reason that I, a lifelong Republican, will be voting for the Democrats this election, but it is a factor. The other factors are the war in Iraq, the lies that have been told to us, stem cell research, immigration, health care and insurance costs, and many other factors. The Republicans are leading us straight to hell, and they need to go.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who votes against the republicans because of this bill is an absolute moron. My God do you have any idea how much rides on this election?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I live in the middle of nowhere West Virginia

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah ya do.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-05-2006, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This bill is not the only reason that I, a lifelong Republican, will be voting for the Democrats this election, but it is a factor. The other factors are the war in Iraq, the lies that have been told to us, stem cell research, immigration, health care and insurance costs, and many other factors. The Republicans are leading us straight to hell, and they need to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Without the bill, I maybe wouldn't have had a spark to detonate my unease with the other things you mention. The way I feel now is throw the bums out.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

depends...it actually is the most fair and balanced of the news networks

but, that isn't saying much
Old 11-05-2006, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

depends...it actually is the most fair and balanced of the news networks

but, that isn't saying much

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir are crazy, unless I just got 2nd leveled [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2006, 08:15 PM

obv noone knows who nancy pelosi is. If you want someone who hates america running the country, vote democrat because that is what is at stake. This could be the second worst thing that could possibly happen to this country, only to hilary clinton getting in office. I will [censored] move to sweden.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
obv noone knows who nancy pelosi is. If you want someone who hates america running the country, vote democrat because that is what is at stake. This could be the second worst thing that could possibly happen to this country, only to hilary clinton getting in office. I will [censored] move to sweden.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, she'll probably start trying to do all sorts of unamerican things like infringing on free speech, right to privacy, protection from illegal search and seizures, and getting us involved in an incredibly costly, inefficient war that will only serve to kill many thousands of americans while basically accomplishing nothing.