Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2006, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Great AP Article About GOP Screwing the Pooch with the Bill

[ QUOTE ]
Given that 115 (about 60%) House Democrats voted for the new legislation, it is hard for me to follow the logic of the lynch mob saying "Republicans are facist bastards and Democrats are the pro-gambling, freedom fighting, we got rights, protest marching crowd". In fact, without the Dems yea votes, it does not pass.

Anti-gambling laws go way back; Democrats helped put them in place. Dems now helped greatly to pass the new law.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously have no idea how this bill came to pass. This was the pet cause of Frist and his Republican cohorts, they pushed it, they attached it to the must-pass Port Security Bill under cover of darkness, and that idiot in the White House signed it into law. There is no way this bill would have ever passed if the Democrats had been in power.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:14 PM

I've voted almost exclusively Republican since 1970. This year I voted against every Republican on the ticket, and will do the same until the Republican Party purges itself of the Taliban and returns to the principles of less government and less intrusion into the private lives of consenting adult citizens.

And bonus points to whichever party secures our borders, rounds up and deports the 12 million foreign invaders.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol. So if the Dems were in control this bill would still be passed? Yeah -- I thought so.

[/ QUOTE ]
This bill would not have made it to the house floor if the Dems were in control.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:19 PM

i understand your anger but not your choices. The Democratic party will not help poker a lick, at best they will legalize it, federalize it, and tax winners into oblivion. And if you want people to secure to borders, you are voting against your own interests to vote against House Republicans (the only group to support stopping the tide).

Dems want all the immigrants, legal and illegal they can get.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:21 PM

if you voted Libertarian that is cool. unfortunately the Libertarian party is run by nuts, almost every respected libertarian is in the Republican Party. Check out the Republican Liberty Caucus on the web.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:21 PM

Default This looks like a nice job by PPA, I think they may be due credit

It reads like the article was arranged or in cooperation with the PPA. I suspect they produced the two Republicans being quoted .... Think it is a coincidence that one was from outside San Francisco, as is Bolercek ? Think an AP writer dug up an Ohio guy on his own ?

If this were the work of PPA, it was a nice job.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And if you want people to secure to borders, you are voting against your own interests to vote against House Republicans (the only group to support stopping the tide).

Dems want all the immigrants, legal and illegal they can get.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong as you can be. That moron REPUBLICAN in the White House is the one who wants to give amnesty to all the illegal aliens who are here.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given that 115 (about 60%) House Democrats voted for the new legislation, it is hard for me to follow the logic of the lynch mob saying "Republicans are facist bastards and Democrats are the pro-gambling, freedom fighting, we got rights, protest marching crowd". In fact, without the Dems yea votes, it does not pass.

Anti-gambling laws go way back; Democrats helped put them in place. Dems now helped greatly to pass the new law.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously have no idea how this bill came to pass. This was the pet cause of Frist and his Republican cohorts, they pushed it, they attached it to the must-pass Port Security Bill under cover of darkness, and that idiot in the White House signed it into law. There is no way this bill would have ever passed if the Democrats had been in power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do know how it was passed and I'm telling you that if the Dems don't help it pass the House, Frist and his "cohorts" can't outwit defenseless Dems "under the cover of darkness".

One hundred and fifteen Dems, Lawman007, wanting to enforce existing laws their Democrat predecessors helped passed, simple as that, nothing "under the cover of darkness" about that, 115 yeas . Do you need a link?

I'm not saying the new law is good, but give the hate up and let's move forward.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:21 PM

yeah i am wrong, i will compare political credentials with you any day. the Dems in the House and Senate want amnesty and increase immigration. Only the Republican leadership in the House pushed for the border fence with no amnesty. Check the votes.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do know how it was passed and I'm telling you that if the Dems don't help it pass the House, Frist and his "cohorts" can't outwit defenseless Dems "under the cover of darkness".

One hundred and fifteen Dems, Lawman007, wanting to enforce existing laws their Democrat predecessors helped passed, simple as that, nothing "under the cover of darkness" about that, 115 yeas . Do you need a link?

I'm not saying the new law is good, but give the hate up and let's move forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a fool if you think this bill would have passed with the Democrats in power, and I am moving forward by voting against every Republican that I can.