Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever pulled yr pud while reading/posting to 2+2?
Yes 31 31.31%
No 22 22.22%
BASTAHHHHH OOH OH GOD UH WHAT IT DO ugggggggghhhhhhhhhgghgahkglkcd-9897^(Uhbn 087 (6chowmeow) almosttherehjchh8y084 PT*^YT k, es08[0fusenship pit. 46 46.46%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: If you got Ladanian Tomlinson and a few of his closest friends...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The only thing that video did was erase any doubts I may have had about the NFL players not being able to win within 6 months.

And you're seriously comparing this to Nascar drivers vs Formula 1? Hard to take anything you're saying seriously after that post, jesus.

Like I said, anyone who says no is just a rugby fanboi.
And you're even saying that after YEARS of practice the nfl guys still wouldn't win?

bwahahaha...you're one loyal rugby fan!

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite seriously, you're going to [censored] hate living in NZ if you arrive with that kind of attitude. Being incredibly dismissive of something important to a country when you're obviously also incredibly ignorant is a fantastic way to make locals hate you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I plan to head to every local bar and tell everyone I can about how much I hate rugby.

Jesus, why are you taking this so seriously that you think it would effect my life outside of this discussion?

And can everyone just stop with all the, "nfl players are built for quick burst with long breaks, blah blah."

Last time I watched a rugby game I saw tons of guys with their hands on their hips sucking wind away from the action. So quit making it seem like they're running the entire game and have almost superhuman stamina.

I realize to a lot of you this is a very touchy subject because rugby is your sport. Sure, I like football, but I'm not telling you, "good luck if you ever move to the states, blah blah." The fact that you even think like that tells me you aren't able to give an unbiased opinion.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The only thing that video did was erase any doubts I may have had about the NFL players not being able to win within 6 months.

And you're seriously comparing this to Nascar drivers vs Formula 1? Hard to take anything you're saying seriously after that post, jesus.

Like I said, anyone who says no is just a rugby fanboi.
And you're even saying that after YEARS of practice the nfl guys still wouldn't win?

bwahahaha...you're one loyal rugby fan!

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite seriously, you're going to [censored] hate living in NZ if you arrive with that kind of attitude. Being incredibly dismissive of something important to a country when you're obviously also incredibly ignorant is a fantastic way to make locals hate you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I plan to head to every local bar and tell everyone I can about how much I hate rugby.

Jesus, why are you taking this so seriously that you think it would effect my life outside of this discussion?

And can everyone just stop with all the, "nfl players are built for quick burst with long breaks, blah blah."

Last time I watched a rugby game I saw tons of guys with their hands on their hips sucking wind away from the action. So quit making it seem like they're running the entire game and have almost superhuman stamina.

I realize to a lot of you this is a very touchy subject because rugby is your sport. Sure, I like football, but I'm not telling you, "good luck if you ever move to the states, blah blah." The fact that you even think like that tells me you aren't able to give an unbiased opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't really want to hijack the thread into a flame war, but you're wrong in pretty much every part of your post.

I did fine when I lived in the US, thanks. I know lots of Americans who moved here too. Those who came with an open mind liked it. Those who compared everything to the US hated it, didn't make many local friends and generally wanted out ASAP. Your posts are 100% consistent with someone who won't like NZ.

I really like the argument that "guys with good stamina fitness still get really tired playing rugby, so NFL players who don't run anywhere near as far will be fine" too...
Old 10-31-2007, 01:15 AM

Its such a retarded argument.

Listen. The rugby players are basically the best possible ppl to play rugby out of 300 mill people. TO suggest that, when you take the best people in a different sport, from a country of 300 mill, with similar demographics, that the latter is just gonna easily whup the former is just retarded.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't really want to hijack the thread into a flame war, but you're wrong in pretty much every part of your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this thread ever going to not devolve into a flame war?
Old 10-31-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I did fine when I lived in the US, thanks. I know lots of Americans who moved here too. Those who came with an open mind liked it. Those who compared everything to the US hated it, didn't make many local friends and generally wanted out ASAP. Your posts are 100% consistent with someone who won't like NZ.

[/ QUOTE ]

My posts give you an indication I won't like New Zealand? okkk...i've been there before and I like it just fine. What does the fact that I think a group of nfl players could dominate rugby after learning the game have anything to do with me liking a country???

Dude, if LT was from Sudan and you cloned him to make a rugby team, I'd still say the same thing about them. This isn't about thinking america is better.

[ QUOTE ]
I really like the argument that "guys with good stamina fitness still get really tired playing rugby, so NFL players who don't run anywhere near as far will be fine" too...

[/ QUOTE ]

Cute...and I love the argument that a far superior athletic specimen couldn't easily gain the extra stamina needed within a short period of time.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:49 AM

Butcho is obviously a troll.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Butcho is obviously a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-31-2007, 01:57 AM

Srsly?

Dudes telling me I won't like New Zealand cuz I think some nfl players could be the best at rugby, and I'm the troll?
Old 10-31-2007, 03:50 AM

Um.....you guys in this debate might want to read the story of the 1924 US Rugby team that won a gold medal at the Olympics.

[ QUOTE ]

The USA Olympic rugby team arrived in Paris on April 27, 1924. In the six months since the FOC's invitation, a squad of 22 superb athletes - including a slew of California football and basketball All-Americans -had been recruited and trained in San Francisco. Most of the players had never before played rugby, but coach Charlie Austin was relying on his team's size, speed, stamina, and raw athletic ability to compensate for its technical deficiencies.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the second consecutive US gold medal in Rugby (the most by any country) until Rugby was removed from the Olympics.

A group of football and basketball players who had never played the sport trained for 6 months and won the gold medal at the Olympics.

So...um....it isn't as "hypothetical" as you think.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:06 AM

redbean, you dont think that rugby skill and strategy has evolved over the last 80 yrs in the countries where its most popular?