Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 05:43 AM

Default NL50: Set on a Flush board, Rs\'d on Turn, River Action?

Villain is 28/4/1 over 60 hands. I think his min rs on the Turn is saying flush. Is this river a c/c,c/f (for anything close to pot), b/f,push.

Should I have bet more on the Turn?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP2: $48.10
CO: $52.65
BTN: $17.20
Hero (SB): $49.50
BB: $35.75
UTG: $17.25
UTG+1: $92.50
MP1: $24.70

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, CO folds, BTN calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks

Flop: ($2.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, 2 folds, MP2 calls $2.50, BTN folds

Turn: ($7.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $4

River: ($23.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero ????
Old 11-27-2007, 05:54 AM

Default Re: NL50: Set on a Flush board, Rs\'d on Turn, River Action?

I think I'd place a blocking bet on the river of 9-10 dollars and fold to a raise. After your call on the turn I don't think he's raising you on the river with any hands that you have beat. If you check and he bets pot you're faced with a tough decision.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:50 AM

check/calling might be better.
If you bet he can raise and then you have to fold.
If he bets you can call and see a showdown for the same money you would've invested betting
Old 11-27-2007, 10:10 AM

I cant think why you didnt raise this up pre-flop.
You almost certainly have the best hand pre-flop but are almost sure to be outflopped multiway - attack those limpers!!!

As played on the river Im thinking he has the flush, many limpers means more chance of sooted cards hanging around.
I really cant think what else he flat calls the flop but min raises the river with.
I check/call a small bet.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:08 PM

Yeah the call pf is pretty terrible oop against half the entire table.

My first thought was b/f for 10 but that's so weak and really the only hand you beat that would make that turn raise is 33 and he will almost certainly check that hand behind.

I think the right play here is actually c/f although I doubt I could bring myself to fold for less than 10 bucks.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:09 PM

The guy's stats and behavior are screaming flush.

Preflop: raise? I'd make it $3.50-$4 and be happy to pickup the pot preflop. You either have the best hand or UTG+2 is about to limp-raise you. Getting into a limped pot like this out of position makes things more difficult for yourself, and if you increase the pot this becomes easier to play.

Suppose you raise to $4 and get 2 callers. Pot is about $12 now and flop is KT3. Personally, I'd punish their preflop call by overbetting $15-$20 (depending on how loose these guys are, but since it's 3 way I'm inclined to do the larger $20 bet) and shoving any turn. You don't have to always bet the pot or less; you're playing no limit for a reason. You have a multi-way on a drawy board and might get KQ or such to stick around, and your opponents have shown a propensity to be too loose. Abuse them for that mistake.

Flop: This looks good, and is probably what I would do. I'd also consider overbetting to $3.50 or $4, depending on how loose/unobservant/chasey the opponents are. We're out of position in a three way with a vulnerable monster against two loose, passive players. Calling $2.50 with a flush draw is easier than calling $4 with the flush draw, and I like to make opponents have tougher decisions.

Turn:
I'd consider betting more. You don't get much of the stuff losing to you to stick around unless the opponent is particularly bad (which LPP usually is). However, a particularly bad opponent would probably stick around for $7 as well as $4, AND it makes a c/r bluff more difficult to pull off. This makes the river an easier c/f. Finally, you might get a flush to slowplay the turn by just calling, so you can open-shove the river if the board pairs and have a decent chance of getting called.

In regards to checking the turn, there aren't many hands sticking around at this point that aren't a flush, but there are still hands you're beating that can draw out on you on the river. You really have to protect your hand against something like AdKx, QJ and such.

River: c/f looks good, maybe call a &lt;$6, or similarly suspicious, bet, but assume you lose most of the time.