Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 09:06 PM

Default 2 similar hands, what line and why

5 handed

Hero dealt QTo

Folded to hero in SB who opens, BB 3bets, hero calls. Only read on villian is that he is aggro - no stats.

Flop comes KJ5 rainbow. What's your line and why?

5 handed

1 fold, CO opens, BU folds, hero 3bets in SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], BB folds, CO calls.

Flop comes T98r with a heart. Hero leads out and is raised by villian with TAG stats. What's our line and why?

If you take different lines... what makes the hands different to take different lines?

PS. Sorry if post sounds blunt, I typed up a much longer post explaining a heap of things - but lost it when I went to post. So this is my quick version [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: 2 similar hands, what line and why

1. c/r, lots of outs and good fe against most people

2. Call and b/3 if you get straight, b/f J and c/r K. CO is hitting this flop a ton and not folding any pair ever. I need history to do something other than just try to get there in this spot. Doesn't really matter if a heart peels on the turn.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:01 PM

If you dont know play in smaller games you're in over your head.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your contructive input.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if u find these 2 hands easy to play, well, then I guess u still got some thinking to do

u are not playing that high, are u?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:39 AM

would u still attack in hand 1 if u knew the other guy would showdown Ax and was raising turn with a not that strong hand?

what about sometimes checkcalling flop and donking turn in hand 1, both when we hit and when we dont hit
Old 10-12-2007, 02:24 PM

Sorry to cop out but theese are both spots where you are going to need to mix up your lines and playing them one way only won't be optimal.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to cop out but theese are both spots where you are going to need to mix up your lines and playing them one way only won't be optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you accomplish this? Do you just do the opposite of what you did last time or just whatever feels right?
Old 10-12-2007, 07:31 PM

The first spot I check raise my draw and lead turn if he doesn't 3 bet. If he has a small pair you can take down on the turn if not you still have a good draw.

Hand two I probably just call the raise and re-evaluate the turn. Might check raise the turn if another heart falls and see if he is raising a str8 draw.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you accomplish this? Do you just do the opposite of what you did last time or just whatever feels right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't just do the opposite of what I did last time, because what I did last time may still feel right this time.

A lot of what goes into determining what feels right is my read of the player. If I know a player folds frequently, I'm more likely to play aggressively. Of course, if I've been getting him to fold a lot lately, maybe he's ready to take a stand. So it's a lot of art too -- much easier to try to pick up reads playing live. Online, you really just have to guess... the better players just tend to guess better although it's often hard for them to explain their thought process, especially since most of these decisions are made in a couple of seconds playing online.