Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

the number 1 priority should be to get the ppl who got cheated there money back, theres a lot of us in this that are stuck large sums to these cheats and u guys saying druff is acting in his own interest is ridiculous
Old 10-17-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mark didnt deny knowing Scott Tom. He said he didnt know the scott on his myspace. I even asked him again and he made it clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which matches up with the Michael Davis post where he said that the myspace posted wasn't Scott Tom.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know Michael Davis spent time in CR, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he knows Scott and the inner workings of AP personally.

The fact that he hasn't been at all vocal in any of this, well... whatever.

RE: THE CONNECTION BETWEEN "SCOTT" AND MARK ON MYSPACE

For the Myspace account "Scott" to not be Scott Tom would have to mean all of the following is true:

1. Someone made a fake Scott Tom account prior to Dec 2006 as that is the last time the "Scott/puremoney7" Myspace account was last accessed/updated according to the profile.

2. He would have had to friend multiple people on Myspace who are also friends of Phil Tom.*

3. He would have had to friend Mark Seif on Myspace as a fake account.

4. ugaistheteam would have to recant his earlier declaration that the picture of "Scott/puremoney7" appears to be the same Scott Tom he met in person, as introduced by Mark Seif.

Now, if you believe that someone went to the trouble of creating a fake Scott Tom Myspace page, last accessed on 12/28/2006, and that the other listed points are plausible as well -- then maybe Mark Seif is correct that he does not know the "Scott" on his Myspace friend list.

If you do not believe all that, then Mark Seif is blatantly lying.

*We cannot determine if "Scott/puremoney7" and "Phil/prouss1" are friends on Myspace as both of their profiles are set to private. However, we have managed to find Myspace profiles of people who are neither celebrities, nor people that would be known without intimate knowledge of the lives/friendships of both Scott and Phil Tom, who are friends of both the "Scott/puremoney7" and "Phil/prouss1" profiles.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never denied the super user. I even contributed HH's of chip dumping early on. I have supported AP from the start because they have been very good to me. Yes I am a friend of Mark Seif. Any more questions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you send us hand histories of your big tourny wins?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that potripper could see hole cards doesn't mean we should investigate anyone who appears to have extraordinary results. I'm sure I could find more improbable db entries for stars or ftp than the stuff that's been posted. If you want to investigate three-tournament winners check out that triple crown section on p5s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] guys, Aaron Been's involved in this whole scam as well. He's defending UGA, UGA is defending Mark Seif, and thus he's indirectly doing so and is thus involved in this controversy. I'm sure if someone could dig his results up, they'll find something. After all, no one can be that good right?
Old 10-17-2007, 10:23 PM

lol.... does that mean you are aggressively calling him? (out)??

Cue Chad Brown beating up everyone in the thread.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:24 PM

0evg0,

you are doing a great job in these threads, sir.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think something that people should really look for are accounts that have few events played and some big scores. How normal is it for somebody to play one or two tournaments, make huge scores, and cash out? I know this is a LDO post but I'm just throwing it out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how normal it is, but I haven't played a whole lot of tourneys on AP, and I managed to pull a luckbox of my life (so far) on the $150k guaranteed in June - on a courtesy entry from customer service, no less. I play predominantly cash now, and despite my great luck in that event, MTTs are a diversion for me, not my main game. This is not to say that seeing a record like mine wouldn't trigger potential suspicion, but I think dumb luck is a little more likely than you imagine.

Now I'm just praying my cashouts process - I can't imagine feeling comfortable there ever again.

My $0.02
Old 10-17-2007, 10:27 PM

Potripper can't outplay me if I shortstack.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:29 PM

These witch hunts are unnecessary right now, at least in this thread. They only serve to dilute the incredibly damning evidence we do have
Old 10-17-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never denied the super user. I even contributed HH's of chip dumping early on. I have supported AP from the start because they have been very good to me. Yes I am a friend of Mark Seif. Any more questions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you send us hand histories of your big tourny wins?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that potripper could see hole cards doesn't mean we should investigate anyone who appears to have extraordinary results. I'm sure I could find more improbable db entries for stars or ftp than the stuff that's been posted. If you want to investigate three-tournament winners check out that triple crown section on p5s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that is not what was suggested. This player happend to win the first three 8k guaranteed tourney in AP's history. It was a remarkable achievement and the timing was quite interesting (especially in light of this thread).

In any event, I DID NOT KNOW that this player/poster was a real player, etc. I thought it might be an abandoned account under the Druff theory. This came to me when I was reading about the two other suspected accounts and their tourney wins. I did not even realize that UGA even posted here, much less in this very thread.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. He would have had to friend multiple people on Myspace who are also friends of Phil Tom.*

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I've read all of the threads, but do we have conclusive proof that the account is Phil Tom, rather than just some guy named Phil?
Closed Thread