Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Re: My MMA fight...

[ QUOTE ]

When I think Tae kwon do I think of that faggy slap fighting show that was on MTV for like 2 weeks
TAE KWON DO LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

this is olympic style taekwondo.

Its a game, and thats what it should be taken for. I kinda feel bad for these guys cuz theyre NOT fighting, and everyone is giving them so much heat for how badly they fight...its just another sport. If a muqy thai guy played by their rules, im sure the tkd guy would own him...in points.

but ya. im not defending this. have at it if you want. just wanted to clarify this is not what ALL TAEKWONDO is about.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TKD vs. MT
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sk7O8ELJD...ed&search=

Take a look at this video. The TKD doesn't even have his hands up to defend himself. If you watch carefully, the muay Thai guy beats him never even throwing a punch. an boxer would rip this guy to shreds, i can't believe somebody could literally fight a fight with hands at their waist.

Hands > Legs for striking, and its not even close. I don't understand TKD at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Muay thai guy also sucks on the same note. I would have unleashed the punchings...agreed? =)
+ You really cant take one fight and apply it for a whole discipline.

But ya, tkd guy got demolished. he was not trained properly to fight by these rules. or he sucks. idn.

and hands down is bad...but chuck does it. and he paid for at UFC 71, but hes a scary striker. Im sure there are benefits for keeping your hands down mma, none of which apply to me for this fight.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:08 AM

6+ meals a day, 4000 calories, 1.2-1.4 grams of protein per body pound. weight lift hard 3-5 times a week. high weight/high volume for low reps 6-8 reps.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:27 AM

Just copy what you see in this vid:

Takayama-Frye
Old 05-31-2007, 07:05 PM

Personally I wouldn't bother attempting a Kimura if you haven't practiced it before. If you're not very used to ground control its going to be hard to hold him in place and keep the lock tight.

Aso

You'll most likely be able to get off an arm bar if you mount him because if he gets overwhelmed at least one arm will eventually go straight up. If you grab it by the wrist and swivel your hips bring your leg straight over his head and lock your feet together, you should be able to get the arm bar in. Just don't throw all your weight back when you straighten yourself out and you shouldn't have to worry about breaking anything, you can feel pretty good when the arm is getting hyperextended.

Also with an armbar consider the orientation of his arm. Most likely you shouldn't try thrust your hips up as a fulcrum (ie. you dont want to bring his arm right across the center of your body) but actually you want the arm across to one side of your body so that its actually your leg/hip that's the fulcrum, not groin. Kind of like this http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/ar...-from-the.shtml

If he's sparring people in standup, and you want to go to the ground, TKD kicks are going to be really dumb. First, you're playing to his strengths in keeping distance. If you want to get the fight to the ground you're going to have to get inside of his reach, maybe eat a punch or two and take him there yourself. You cant just lay back and kick at him if he doesn't want to go to the ground. Also, watching a few TKD videos its pretty obvious in TKD they dont teach you to get your hands up. If you're not doing any boxing sparring even if you tell yourself youre going to keep your hands up the whole time muscle memory will take of the second you throw a kick, you will drop your hands and get popped, so I'd def. suggest work on at least some basic punching.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:09 PM

In case you try an armbar from mount, keep his thumb facing the sky, not his palm
Old 05-31-2007, 07:56 PM

If you've competed in TKD before, you probably know how hard it is to learn something so that you can do in a competition environment. It will be the same with learning any useful grappling in four weeks. I think you need to focus on a couple techniques that you can learn easily and only practice those for the whole four weeks.

My suggestions for techniques are 1 - learn how to get and hold the mount. You won't need any complex mount techniques against another beginner, but you need to learn how to hold the position when someone is bucking like crazy under you. 2 - Learn one finish. I think the paintbrush from the mount is easier than the armbar. Armbar is a complex motion and if you miss it, it leaves you in a bad position. The paintbrush is simple and if you mess up, you're still mounted on the guy. 3 - Learn one position from the guard to get you out of trouble (you don't want to sit in your guard with a guy hitting you until you have lots of practice). I suggest the arm drag for this. It's a simple motion, and you can use it as an effective takedown as well. Practice grabbing the guys arms/wrists from the guard and arm dragging him so you can get behind him. From there you can use position to hit him even if you don't know how to choke him.

Other than that, work on your cardio. The average guy will be winded within two minutes of a real fight starting. If you're cardio is good enough you can usually roll over someone pretty quickly once they tire out.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:05 PM

You should immediately back out of this fight. I'm a Black Belt in Karate and Brown Belt in Jujitsu and I would never take a fight like this. However, if you insist...

When the bell rings, go straight to your back. Try and take him into your guard and not full mount or side mount. Although, if he gets side mount or full mount, hopefully your technical skill can overcome it. My Jujitsu Master is all of 150 pounds, I'm 225, and he can tap my arse out from in no time when I start in the mount position.

But again, I would seriously consider backing out of this fight.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:14 PM

If neither of you have any practical training in combat sports (TKD is not practical, be it in the ring or on the street), it isn't MMA, it's two idiots backyard wrestling.

If you want an MMA fight, how about you join an MMA gym?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When the bell rings, go straight to your back.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL what's the point of fighting if you're just gonna pull this pussy [censored].